IE9 supports GPU acceleration & HTML5

Looks like the software giant is fighting back. Fresh browsers like Chrome & Firefox give IE a tough fight and are leaps and bounds ahead of it when it comes to performance.

Internet Explorer 9 is going to support GPU acceleration [so that graphics can be rendered by GPU, taking off some load from the CPU]. Also, it looks like Microsoft is also working hard to improve IE's javascript rendering performance. Its obvious that they are supporting HTML 5 😀

It would be interesting to watch how IE 9 develops.

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Usage of Javascript is never going to make their IE a success.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, many major websites still use javascript, such as ajax based Gmail. Up to the surfer to enable it or not, at the sacrifice of functionality.

Good to hear IE9 being in development. Any stagnation of development in a competitive product will definitely not accelerate overall development.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    IE really needs a revamp it has to come up with ways that can accelerate the performance and its interface also needs a relook

Can you share some details on GPU acceleration?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engadget breaks the news that Sony is in talks with FireFox to port it to its gaming platform - PlayStation 3. If that's true - what else in the world,...

Hi

This is Allwyn j.I am doing b tech (EEE), 3rd year.
With permission from the author, I'm reproducing a post on ongoing discussion among the folks behind i-become. The people mentioned are the ones associated with i-become and 'Pankhudi foundation'. Must...
Hi i am designing a cdma system for transmission and reception of signals. for mobile communications. i have to design both the uplink and downlink as well. i have the...
Please suggest ways on how and where to look for the purpose of writing articles that also fetch some money? Please suggest some genuine ways.