IE 10 For Windows 7 Preview Download

Love Windows? Love Internet Explorer? Don't have money and time to download the Windows 8? You will now be able to download IE 10 for Windows 7. Internet Explorer's latest version will be released on Windows 7 platform tomorrow.

According to Microsoft, the IE10 on Win 7 will bring major improvements in the real-world website performance and more standards stupport to the Windows 7 users. If anyone spots the download link as soon as it's made available, please post it here.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Microsoft has finally released the Windows 7 adapted version of Internet Explorer 10. The preview is now available for download 👍 . It's a cool 42.7 MB download that may take a few minutes to download on your computer depending upon your Internet speed.

Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Be sure to select the correct operating system version so that you don't end up downloading incorrect installer. I'm currently downloading the English version and soon going to update this thread with my first impressions. Stay tuned 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First Experience with IE10 on Windows 7 (Home Edition, 64 Bit)

I'm typing this post from my freshly installed IE10 on Windows 7. It looks like Microsoft really got strict with the Internet Explorer 10 team for browser upgrade. It seems like Microsoft has addressed almost all the issues users had reported through their earlier iterations (Windows 7, 8 and 9). IE 10 gives me that 'comfort' and a little 'wow' - which I haven't had in years using IE. I made a switch to Firefox when it came out and then to Chrome because of the simplicity of the browsers and ease of use - along with the speed. Internet Explorer lagged way behind in these factors until now and I never felt going back to IE after being a Chrome & Firefox user.

But Internet Explorer 10 may just change that and the browser is actually capable and speedier enough to be my first browser of choice. Note that these are just my first impressions after using the browser for the about 5 minutes, opening few websites that I regularly open.

Installing IE 10 on Windows 7 took longer because of the updates it downloaded during the install. After installation, the browser made the computer restart but after the setup was finished, IE 10 rocks! The browser loads very fast on my computer. I opened CrazyEngineers' front page first and even without previous cache, it loaded the site in just < 2 seconds. Opening CrazyEngineers Community page too took < 2 seconds and that's just enough information that tells me IE 10 is very good at rendering web pages.

Most of the Windows 7 machines won't be touch-screen enabled - so I can't test the touch optimizations incorporated in this browser. But in its bare-bones form, latest IE is quite fast. My next test was to open and run a YouTube video. I loaded the Gangnam Style original HD video and it too was rendered rapid fast - giving me the comfort I've enjoyed on Chrome so far.

Considering that this is still the preview version and the stable version may have more improvements, I'm happy with what Microsoft has achieved with it. I'm not sure if there are 'Firebug' and objection inspector like functionality inbuilt in IE, but it'd be a great thing to have.

Good job, Microsoft!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you for the review. The overall design (especially drop down menus, checkboxes, radio buttons etc on default mode) is being appreciated all over the tech blogs. When people here IE, the mindset has become one that of - "Not even worth my time. Chrome does anything this does and way better." And the shifting back to IE (if it ever happens), will take a lot of time now. Chrome's add-ons and Omnibox are incomparable.
    On SunSpider, scores are about 30% faster in IE. AcidTest scores 100/100. Futuremark's Peacekeeper says that IE only supports half the HTML5 that Chrome does and also scores about half as much as Chrome in the performance tests.
    So, this looks definitely worth a try. 👍 Finally, Microsoft has made the users turn eyes to their browser.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name : Syed Mohamed Ishaq​Engg Trade : B.E. Mechatronics Engineering.​From : kanyakumari, TamilNadu, India.​Occupation : fresher @ TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED, India.​Hobbies : making manual small scale robots and toys​Aim...
Wish u a very happy n prosperous diwali 😀 Enjoy 😀
can anyone explain the difference between guarded and unguarded signal in VHDL with example ?
Wishing CEan - cooltwins and CEan - CIVILPRINCESS A Very Happy Birthday. Have a Long, Beautiful, Wonderful, Lightful Life ahead. 😀 😁🎉😁🎉😁🎉 And thanks for giving us a holiday on...
Is it possible to make a magnetic suit? To either levitate human or slow down human free fall? Maybe we can first consider this in an ideal way, just scientifically...