Idea on the project title of "wireless power transmission"

I chose wireless power transmission for my final year project title but i can't say i have enough knowledge about antennas therefore i need help from all crazy engineers who can give me any idea

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    What help do you need??Where you are struck??
  • hiwot fekade
    hiwot fekade
    how to convert DC to RF is my first problem and also what kind of antenna is more appropriate to use for transmitting and receiving the power?
    also if u can guide me to good book written on wireless power transmission and also how to design RF antenna.
    am desperately needing your help.
    tks 4 ur first response.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You can actually use a wireless remote transmitter and receiver module, which takes electricity and data as input...
    You don't need to start from the scratch as they are already built and available. So, now your work will be using the modules and your logic...
  • hiwot fekade
    hiwot fekade
    i have the idea using RF antenna to transmit and also receive the electrical power. but my most faced problem is HOW TO CONVERT DC POWER TO RF SIGNAL in order to make it suitable for transmission using RF antenna. i hope my confusion is clear now!!!!!!!!!
    sorry for the previous non understanding
    hiwot fekade
    i have the idea using RF antenna to transmit and also receive the electrical power. but my most faced problem is HOW TO CONVERT DC POWER TO RF SIGNAL in order to make it suitable for transmission using RF antenna. i hope my confusion is clear now!!!!!!!!!
    sorry for the previous non understanding
    Now say what is your plan... 😀
  • hiwot fekade
    hiwot fekade
    my plan is to amplify the power from supply, convert it to DC and then to RF. then send it through RF antenna to the surrounding which intern is harvested using rectenna (receiving antenna and rectifier, where the rectifier is used to convert the RF signal to DC power).
    finally i hoped to use the power to what ever load i wanted considerably (AC or DC).
    Now can u give me some ideas on the questions i asked before.
    I guess you are trying to do, which repeaters do. But they do for data and are wired and you wanna do it for power but yours is wireless. Is this your idea?
  • hiwot fekade
    hiwot fekade
    as i have read the project is not it's first time to be held so am not the inventer but wanted to do it in very accessible materials.
    but why do u ask many questions than answering my help request
  • buzzparas
    buzzparas
    hi hiwot,
    i hope it helps.
    this is how we transmit tx power between two nodes in cellular communication.

Wireless Energy Transfer Microwave Method
  • cyprok
    cyprok
    I don't whether u or me is lucky one.. i too decided to do project on this.
    u can transmit power not using RF, but, using microwave.. microwave has shortest length n travel long distance..
    Problem i faced during course is
    1. cost of microwave is massive.
    2. design of antenna is complicated.
    find answer for these to, u can surely do it.. not too long. But, for a distance of less than 5m...
    ALL THE BEST.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

straightaway run it on your turboc The Vedic Mathematics way : by using the Sutra ekadhiken Purvena which means "by one more than the previous one" and can be used...
How to get Ip Address of the all the clients in a network.. please help me any one.......
Say i have 4 tables each table have two common attribute say name of city and population I want to retrieve name of city with minimum population can you find...
Person’s name, travel dates and destination are input. The database (really an array or two) is checked and if the space is available, the person is added to the database...
Rockmelt has been in the stealth mode for quite long time. The browser has been now released for public download. Get your copy of Rockmelt from here: RockMelt - Your...