I was victim.

This thread is dedicated to all those who ever become victim of hacking

Guys if anyone ever played any trick with you then please share ..

and if you know about its solution then also share that

It will help others not to be the next victim....

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    well I had played tricks with so many of my friends. I remember one such incidence which was years ago(not exactly hacking), when email forwarding was a hot thing. I made an account on hotmail. something like #-Link-Snipped-#, wrote a professional looking mail saying that it was from account maintenance and they were introducing some new feature where they could request username passwords of anyone..Just mention the user names of their friends along with their own username n passwords(so that the details could be dropped back into their account) and the data will be made available in 48 hrs or so. It was just meant to be a prank and I didnt expect anyone to really respond.

I was shocked when later I found literally more than a hundred people out of the hundreds that I sent mail, replying me with the details I had asked for. I had sent such mails to a couple of hundreds of people. Had done some email harvesting to make it random and not look fishy.

I was the last person to have a laugh. I had all their usernames and passwords.

I went further with this trick. i changed the security question's answer (anyone could do that if they knew the username and password then. its not easy today) of some of my close friends. and when I told them of this trick they went and tried changing their pass which of course they couldnt 😛 gave them back the security answer after a bugging them a lot 😀

there had been many mails of these sorts on yahoo and rediff as well. Just be careful do not reply to them. Infact Digit magazine had tried this prank last year and they were shocked to see hundred of people still getting fooled to such tricks
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes you are right ..I urge all of the ceans never reply any kind of mail unless and until you are sure about its reliability,especially never share your username,passwords,credit card no's etc with anyone

Your safety is in your hands
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Whenever there is a computer expo in our city, the police have stalls where they explain all about computer criminal activities and suggest protective measures.

I never entertain emails which appear fishy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi,.. I am in 2nd yr mechanical engineer. I am trying to make a steering system. I dont understand how the part that connects the wheel remains stationary and deviates...
The Sputnik tool, built by Google to test the JavaScript engine performance of various popular web browsers has some interesting results. See: Sputnik Opera & Safari beat Google's own Chrome...
I can't understand the lax security that let news of this weapon leak to the press: Ananova - New chilli grenade packs a punch
can u post me some mini projects ideas with circuit diagram to do 4 me
Is it possible to get multipled output (i.e. 8 kV) from 1 kv using Resistors ,capacitors and diode..HOW TO GET ONLY NEGATIVE PEAK VOLTAGE??...wkt we can use voltage multipliers but...