I want to learn .NET

Dear Members,
I"ve done my MBA in marketing management. I do not have any background in computers. Can somebody tell me what is the best programme to start with and if its possible to learn online.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    neeru_j
    Dear Members,
    I"ve done my MBA in marketing management. I do not have any background in computers. Can somebody tell me what is the best programme to start with and if its possible to learn online.
    Learning online is possible. I'm not aware of any useful .net resources for students. I'd however recommend studying it with beginner books and discuss every problem with people online. That's the best way to learn.

I think Learnable.com may have .net course; but not sure about it. Do you have any background/experience in programming or coding?
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    There is no reason why anybody should deny if online learning is possible, but I would always recommend for a beginner to take the course in contact with an experienced faculty. It is not possible to verify if the faculty is good, experienced and knowledgeable in case of online. The online courses are expensive too. To tell you honestly, sometime even I used to be an online trainer, but then left it just because I did not find myself satisfied passing knowledge to the trainee. My experience is not so encouraging providing training. I really don't know what could be the opinion at the receiving end, but my feeling is it should be equally not satisfying.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Did you leave because you found the tools to be inadequate to generate the interaction required to pass on the knowledge effectively? I took a video course online recently and I liked the overall experience. Of course it is no match to a real-life coaching by an experienced teacher.

For me, learning through books and then discussing it with people has worked the best.
  • neeru_j
    neeru_j
    Thank you so much for your advice, long back in 2003 I did Oracle with SQL and stopped mid way but this time want to do it differently.
  • avii
    avii
    .NET by Andrew Troelsen is THE best book !! The way he writes & explains, makes you read more. Buy it eyes closed 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Did you leave because you found the tools to be inadequate to generate the interaction required to pass on the knowledge effectively? I took a video course online recently and I liked the overall experience. Of course it is no match to a real-life coaching by an experienced teacher.

For me, learning through books and then discussing it with people has worked the best.
    I actually used many tools, one of basic tools I used was skype and teamviewer. Both demo and communication were not much problem with these tools, but the effectiveness of the delivery couldn't be achieved somehow as is normally attained in when I teach in classroom. I could feel that because students asking me to come time & again on some points a bit complex. And I think classroom teaching is effective because a lot is conveyed through the body language and facial expressions. You can make presentations remotely but not teaching, that is my personal conclusion. Surprisingly I also conducted classes at University of Connecticut while I was in USA and found that the chalk and board (now marker pen and white board) is considered only best way. So that's also their conclusion even in the state of so much technological advances. You are right that another element (and the most important) "discussion" is somewhere missing in these "teleclasses". So I hate them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Inventor Eugene J. Polley died on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at Illinois of natural causes. Polley is best known for his invention - the first ever wireless remote control. The...
Michigan Technological University professor Yun Hang Hu and his research team found out that energy can be generated through reaction between CO2 and Lithium Nitride (Li3N). The team found out...
The modern electrical engineer isn't limited to circuits. The modern tools require electrical engineers to have knowledge of programming languages as well. I compiled a list of the best programming...
Hi I am a java and android developer i am planning to give a seminar in my organisation, can any one help me with some good, new and challenging topic...
hi guys Is there any difference between IT, computer science and engineering and software engineering ?