I love you virus

I love you virus or love letter is a computer worm which caused around $5.5 billion damage. It attacked tens of millions of Windows computers in 2000 when it was sent as an attachment to an email message with the text "ILOVEYOU" in the subject line. The ILOVEYOU virus first appeared in email boxes in the south Pacific and spread across the world from Hong-Kong to Europe to the United States in less than a day. Government organizations and large corporations were forced to shut down their e-mail systems in order to prevent widespread contamination. As a result, business was brought to a stand still while the infection was contained. The one who created this worm is Onel de Guzman of the Philippines with co-conspirator, Reomel Ramones. They were arrested but then released because there is no law in Philippines against writing malware. After that, De Guzman had been forced to drop out of a University(AMA Computer University) because his thesis, a proposal for commercializing a password-stealing trojan horse, was rejected by the faculty.

There was a film regarding about this I Love You virus. The film was entitled, Subject: I Love You is an action-packed romantic drama, based on the destructive 'I Love You' computer virus, which spread around the globe at the turn of the millennium, shutting down computer systems at the Pentagon, Parliament and the CIA. Combining romance, drama, action and international intrigue, Subject: I Love You is ultimately the story of a young man, Victor, who will do anything to reconnect with the only woman he's ever loved - even if that means entangling himself in an international criminal investigation. Written by Barclay DeVeau

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

friends, i am an instrumentation p.g student..... i am doing my project regarding to develop self tuning adaptive controller for magnetic levitation system. and i have bunch of coding regarding...
what r the various fields/areas of interest in electrical and electronics engineering
CAN U HELP ME TO FIND THE INTERESTING TOPIC OF EEE PROJECT?/////////////////😕
Yo Yo! CrazyEngineers came up with one more awesome interview with one of our CEans, she is CEan- maria flor 😀 who has contributed about 200 valuable posts to CE....
hi friends, i am here with the thread for solar energy if we think about solar energy there comes 3 questions into existence 1.why we went to solar energy? 2.what...