Hyundai EON 1.0 Litre Kappa Engine Variant Priced In India At Rs. 3.83 Lakh

Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) has launched the new 1.0 litre Kappa engine variant of its car - Hyundai Eon in India. The Euro-5 ready petrol engine is now made available in Magna+ variant of Eon and launched at a price of Rs. 3.83 Lakh. We decided to take a look at the various features that the company boasts off and find out how this car fares against its competitors.

Starting with the looks - the Hyundai Eon 1.0L has been given a dynamic appeal with its side character lines and sloping roofline with the arc style. The 2-tone chrome radiator grille on the car is present because the company believes that large air intake is integral to the car's overall sporty look. On the rear end, there's a high-mounted LED stop lamp built into the roof-mounted rear spoiler. The 8-spoke full wheel cover adds to the aesthetics of R13 steel wheel and the the voluminous rear bumper gives an impression of strength and safety.

Moving on to the interiors - The Hyundai Eon features a large boot space with 215 L trunk capacity. The ergonomically designed seats, floor console storage, map pocket with bottle holder, metallic inside door handles, 3 spoke steering wheel accentuated with metallic inserts and a tilt-adjustable steering column all make up the interiors looks stylish and modern.

hyundai-eon-1l-india

hyundai-eon-1l-4 hyundai-eon-1l-3 hyundai-eon-1l-2
Coming to the most talked about feature of the car - Its heart : The 1.0 Litra Kappa engine that generates maximum fuel efficiency at all times with 814cc and 5-speed manual transmission. The company claims a mileage of 21.1 kmpl and the three cylinder engine features VTVT technology, offering maximum power 69PS and a peak torque of 94.14Nm which is 13PS and 20Nm more than the 800cc variant. Other than that, the MDPS (Motor Driven Power Steering) with Tilt steering provides sharp response and accurate handling while driving.

The Eon rides on a McPherson strut suspension in the front with an anti-roll bar and coil springs fitted around gas-charged dampers. The car features Front disc brakes and Rear drum brakes as well as a Gear Shift Indicator that prompts you to shift to the right gear at the right speed.

Lastly, coming to the safety - Bolstering the already strong structure, the Eon's square shaped rardiator support panel, reinforced floor panel and door side impact beams provide connection support to counter the huge forces generated on impact. The dimensions of the car are kept at - Overall length - 3,515mm, Overall width - 1,500mm, Overall height - 1510mm and a Wheelbase of 2,380mm.

That's all about the important features and tech specs of the all new Hyundai Eon 1.0 Litre variant. Do let us know your thoughts and opinions on the same in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Ankita Katdare
    The 1.0 Litra Kappa engine that generates maximum fuel efficiency at all times with 814cc and 5-speed manual transmission. The company claims a mileage of 21.1 kmpl
    EON 1.0 Priced at 3.83 L with 814 cc engine and claimed mileage of 21.1 kmpl, why a user will not go for Maruti Celerio that costs 3.78 L and have a 1000 cc engine and claimed mileage of 23 kmpl?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great indepth article #-Link-Snipped-# .
    Good to have a better competitor for maruti Celerio .On lookwise , I consider Maruti Celerio to be a attractive bid over Eon .Hyundai has been keeping eyes on its kappa engine for its sales.Maruti has an established history of better mileage on Indian roads.Hence i vote for Maruti Celerio .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the formula to calculate the timer overflow period for pic16f877a. can anyone help me i need to creat a delay of 1ms using timer in my project
how can we create a delay of 1ms in pic16f877a using timer1. what is the formula used for calculation
Hi, im looking to do MS in Financial management/operations management. I have got a call from IIT-M. Can someone please suggest some topics I can start with.
Epson, the Japanese electronics giant, best known for producing some of the world's best computer printers, projects and other imaging equipment are here to surprise one and all with their...
I am getting following error with FlipKart, seems like Flipkart is down or facing something issues with the server: Flipkart is down now: Below msg shown while access the site:...