HP's Reclining PC - Unimpressive TouchSmart Innovation

HP's recently unveiled the reclining touchscreen desktop PC. It's a TouchSmart edition desktop which means it's got everything inbuilt and doesn't even need a keyboard and mouse. On the first look, it's plain cold iMac clone with a stand that lets the screen recline by 60%. HP, in its press release says that the product is revolutionary. Which isn't really true. Let me tell you why.

[​IMG]
HP Touchsmart 9300

The HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite which we're talking about here has no revolutionary features apart from a stand. Now imagine you doing all your work on a desktop screen, with all your hands hanging in air just to access various parts of the screen. Your hands will pain within a minute. Even with the reclining screen, I believe things aren't solved. Oh well, it swivels 360 degrees to, but I don't recall the last time I badly needed to turn my desktop monitor.

Come on HP! Desktops are heading to a deadpool and I'd even go on to say they're fast approaching the end of life in next 5-6 years. This is the era of tablet PCs. Focus more on them! All we need is a tiny 7" or 9" screen that does everything. You already have acquired Palm and have control over the WebOS. Make the most out of it. We searched a bit to find out the configuration & tech specs of TouchSmart 9300 -

# Type: All-in-one
# Screen size: 23 inches
# Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
# Screen type: LCD (Color, LED backlight)
# Touchscreen: Yes
# Bundled OS: Windows (7)

Here's HP's Randall Martin talking about it -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Japanese Kyocera Echo is the first android 2.2 powered dual touchscreen smartphone recently launched. The phone is first of its kind to be able to operate in normal phone...
Heard of wind farms? Almost every one of us must have at least once seen the tall wind mills situated in wide open terrains or small hilltops in the suburbs....
As we all know non linear loads are the loads in which the current drawn by the gadget is is not similar to the voltage waveform. These distorted waveforms are...
Our awesome friends at Engineering.com shared a cool new video comprising of news updates and a sensational update - a new bio fuel may cause Tequila shortage! Should you be...
US based company Pi Mobility has recently launched a hybrid electric bike called the “PiCycle”. This zero carbon emitting transporter looks very old-school but offers lot many options to the...