HP gets 3PAR for $2.4 billion

HP raised its offer by $3 to $33 per share, beating Dell's latest $32-a-share offer and ending an exchange of bids that escalated to levels that many analysts said was too high.

3PAR shares rose 75 cents, or 2.3 per cent, to $32.83. They had mostly traded around $10 this year, until Dell announced its $18 per share bid in August.

HP's vast and global sales force is also seen helping 3PAR bolster sales and turn its business profitable.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Deutsche Bank is moving a portion of its back office processes from Infosys BPO to its captive centre in the city. Critical processes related to clients' trade and derivatives will...
Toshiba has announced the voluntary recall of about 41,000 notebook computers worldwide at risk of overheating and burning users. The recalled models are the Satellite T135, Satellite T135D and Satellite...
When Samsung debuted its Galaxy Tab on Thursday, it made a bold claim: the device is at least as good as today's dominant tablet, Apple's iPad. Anyone has a take...
hiiiii.m final yr student of cse..please help me in choosing my final yr project.. m interested in java,cc++,database...
I'm wondering any of our CEans is working on an android app for their 3rd or final year project. If there's anyone, tell us what you're working on.