How to use differential pressure sensors to measure the hydrostatic level of a liquid in a vented or

This article from American Sensors gives the basics of how differential pressure sensors can be used to monitor liquid levels in both vented and sealed tanks. Precautions to be observed for sealed tank measurements are also given.

Nothing fancy but useful.

Designfax – Technology for OEM Design Engineers

Replies

• chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    sir ,

once i was asked in an interview why the industrial standards are 4-20 mA for current , voltage 0-30 V (i am not sure about voltage standard)?

can you please explain this concept

thanks in advance .
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sub 1W criteria will be met in those condition for sure

And also most electronic Component operate in the 0 to 30 V region with about 20mA current through them
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chithrachennai
    once i was asked in an interview why the industrial standards are 4-20 mA for current , voltage 0-30 V (i am not sure about voltage standard)? can you please explain this concept
    The advantage of a current loop is that the resistance of the connecting leads especially over long signal transmission lines does not affect analog signals. The electronics will adjust the voltage to ensure that the analog signal retains the accuracy. In an industrial environment with varying electro-magnetic loads, current loops have very good reliability.
    The 4ma zero value has a bonus in that it tells if there is a break in the leads.
    Here is a good article on current loops from National Instruments:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

A voltage analog output has to be used with a high impedance measuring circuit.
    I do not know why 0-30V is specified. If I may hazard a guess the higher voltage is likely to be more accurate than millivolt signals because of lead impedance.
  • Surya Neo
    Surya Neo
    thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is a directory in linux and what is parent directory? Are they folders or files? Also what are pathnames in linux. I really can't get these things in my...
Amazon has been expanding enormously off late expanding its business to various parts of the world and launching new marketplaces. Well, here is one more marketplace named 'Amazon Art' which...
NASSCOM has already rolled up its sleeves to make sure that India doesn't fall back in the global startup race. It's launched the 10,000 startups initiative in association with Google...
Firefox 23 update is now available for download from official Mozilla website. If you are reading this post using Firefox, the browser might be updating itself silently in the background....
I'm wondering whether MP3 is the best audio format available to produce the best of the music quality. I've no knowledge of how MP3 compression works, but I'm guessing that...