How to use a USB port on airtel dth?

Hi CEans
I am using a airtel dth for past two years and I am experiencing problem here. If I am correct all the set top box would be equipped with a USB hub and I tried to copy some files from pc to pendrive and tried on it but didn't notice any change. How to access the files? What type of files does a set top box can play?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    If I am correct all the set top box would be equipped with a USB hub and I tried to copy some files from pc to pendrive and tried on it but didn't notice any change.
    By files you mean recorded TV channels? What format were those files you copied to Pendrive in?

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Any ideas about SetTop boxes?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I don't think airtel STB has facility to play from USB drive.
    That USB port is meant to set up that STB. But if you ask airtel guys they can tell you some hack to install a laptop HDD inside the STB to play media.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for the reply. Waiting for more responses.
  • lal
    lal
    Not sure about that either. Usually communication ports are provided to install firmware and fine tune the device. But your product can be different. Check the model number of your STB and do an internet search. Might help. The best thing is to scan the user manual.
  • Rashmi Gandhi
    Rashmi Gandhi

Looks like this question has been left unanswered for quite a long time.

Some set-top boxes (STBs) provide the option to play via USB also called as USB support. You can check on the Airtel DTH box cover if it offers USB support. or It is also called as Plug and Play. 

I have a videocon box, but it doesn't provide this option. A Lot of times people get confused because of the USB port on these boxes, because they are mainly there for either one of the two purposes -

1. Recording TV shows in an encrypted format and then playing it again on the TV.

2. Charging the set-top box.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everytime I try the subplot command in MATLAB command window, it says rectangular wave instead of showing the description about it. I tried reinstalling it but problem persists.
How to learn MYSQL?
To be clear, you won’t be getting any R2-D2 stuff, so don’t get your hopes ‘that high’. Having said that, a flying device that you can control via your iphone...
If you thought that every other tech giant now seems eager to track your health, hold on to your hats. Guess who might just foray into this business? It's none...
This post is intentionally edited for personal reasons! 😔😖