How to take great pictures

(NOTE: This is for ordinary mortals. Anoop M^2 and CEans of his ilk may take a look for laughs or sneers.)

For all Have been, Still are or Wannabe shutterbugs:
Quote:
Learning how to take great pictures could take a lifetime. After all, photography is an art form and like all art forms, it takes time, patience and practice to master. There is not one clear path to taking great pictures and a lot of it comes down to the intuition of the photographer and how it resonates with the viewer. The whole process of taking great pictures is highly subjective. That said, there are guidelines and techniques that you can adhere to that will help you along the way. While you may not be taking great pictures overnight, you can start learning how to take great pictures this very moment.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• lal
    lal
    One simple yet effective 'how to' would be, use the rule of thirds. Instead of placing the subject at the exact centre of frame, move it to the sides.

Divide the frame in to three equal parts horizontally or vertically by straight lines. Placing subjects along the lines will bring extra 'something' in to the photo. Place vertical subjects along the vertical lines and horizones on the horizontal lines. All the four points where the dividing lines cross has even more 'life'.

Almost all digital cameras have the option to show these lines on screen. Search for an option 'show grid lines' or the like in the settings.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great share.Would like to experiment it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Whenever you take a portrait shot just crop to Golden ratio, you will be amazed when you look back to photo.
    See the following picture and tell that what is first thing you noticed.
    All sizes | Little guys asked me to take thier photo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Spoiler: Now see the spoiler, why this happened

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Panasonic Corporation has launched a new and much-talked about smartphone - "Panasonic P81" in India today. The all-new Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone, features a 1.7 GHz Octa Core processor, 1GB RAM...
If you are a regular bicycle rider, you will be familiar to the fact that your bicycle never remains safe in the basement or any parking lot ever. Velo Labs...
I want to buy a new router. I was using a BSNL router but it is now not working properly. Internet connection is disconnected after every 10 minutes. I am...
I have seen a video about electronic Project, now days I am trying to implement on my final year project. Practically I face with some trouble... for example. Real project...
Founded by Vishal Devanath and Krishna Bharadwaj in February 2013, SMERGERS is a Bangalore-based startup that specializes in the online financial services market. An Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) focused...