How to tackle such situations

Hello friends

I am in great problem, Since last 6 months I am working in a small scale software company, they are giving me just 11000 / month, I had a contract with company that i will not indulge myself into any such activity related to business of company , but just after 4 months i started involve myself into freelancing and today i am earning more than 30K / month ,just by working for 2 hrs / day after spending 9 hrs in office

so I wanna go for full time in this buisness ,due to this reason i have just resigned few days ago from my job , but now they are not allowing me , don't know how they get to know about this and all and they are asking me either to continue or they will terminate my contract without giving any documents

Please tell me what to do in such situation but i have done all this in order to fulfill my financial needs

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I would highly recommend you to consult with a lawyer and take an action. I believe none of the company can compel / force a person to work on their firm like this as per law., notice period may be there which cant be bypassed.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to jobs/careers section.

goyal420
    so I wanna go for full time in this buisness ,due to this reason i have just resigned few days ago from my job , but now they are not allowing me , don't know how they get to know about this and all and they are asking me either to continue or they will terminate my contract without giving any documents

Please tell me what to do in such situation but i have done all this in order to fulfill my financial needs
    First of all, congratulations on your achievement. You've been able to do what others just dream off. First of all, I do not see this a problem at all. It's a win-win situation for you. It's easy to figure out who's freelancing on the Internet if you're doing it with your real name.

First of all they can't stop you from quitting. If they want you to continue, you've an upper hand at negotiations. I'd recommend you to hard-negotiate with them and ask for a better salary (1.7 - 2 times what they're offering). If they want you to stay, they'll have no option. You can still continue to work part - time and earn more. What you do during non-office hours is none of their business; unless you're competing with them in some way. Read your contract documents once.

Secondly, if you think you'll be able to earn much more by working as a freelancer full time; you do not need any documents from the company. By the way, what documents are they talking about? As you're aware, people hiring freelancers will care more for your past work and rating than your certificates.

I hope this helps.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks for reply biggie , actually they think that i am directly competing them because the site from where i am getting clients is same as that they get

Currently my situation is exactly like situation of rocket singh movie, just difference is I didn't use any of the company resources for my personal means

I just don't understand how can a company bound someone for complete 24 hrs? I am not asking for salary , i just wana quit and they are not allowing me , I know for freelancing i don't need any documents such as relieving letter or experience letter , but they are terminating me , which means a black spot on my profile for no reasons.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you explain the "I just wana quit and they're not allowing me". Doesn't make sense? How are they trying to stop you?

Who cares whether they terminate your or not. Just don't mention their name on your profile. No one cares actually.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    Could you explain the "I just wana quit and they're not allowing me". Doesn't make sense? How are they trying to stop you?

Who cares whether they terminate your or not. Just don't mention their name on your profile. No one cares actually.
    It means they are not providing me relieving letter and experience letter , not showing their name on my profile is not a solution i guess.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    goyal420
    It means they are not providing me relieving letter and experience letter , not showing their name on my profile is not a solution i guess.
    Yeah, kinda... Don't say out that you worked for them in public! Simple...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    Yeah, 6 months can easily be skipped. No one will even care. If the experience is not relevant to your freelancing work, why not just skip them from your profile?

As an entrepreneur myself, my past experience of working with IT companies never mattered.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    why don't u say that u will quit freelancing for them and start doing with a fake account??? and still, what is the time period of your pact with the company???
    lovejeet
    why don't u say that u will quit freelancing for them and start doing with a fake account??? and still, what is the time period of your pact with the company???
    Fake accounts in freelancing are taken seriously... Better don't... 😔
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    oooh. A bad idea then. 😔 still, is it liable for the company to hold on the documents like this??? any legal process to end up the pact??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovejeet
    That's not a good option. Freelancing websites take into account the work history; as in the work done by a freelancer through an account.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    what kind of contract you bound of??
    Is it like 1 year bond that you can't left company before completing a year?
    you are also saying there no education document they have, only you need to extract releiving and experiece letter right?
    ianoop
    what kind of contract you bound of??
    Is it like 1 year bond that you can't left company before completing a year?
    you are also saying there no education document they have, only you need to extract releiving and experiece letter right?
    2 years!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    if the bond is 2 years then it is difficult to pay off.
    One thing is clear that you are not looking forward to your current company.
    The_big_K is right that 6 months is not a problem if you will not show your experience with any company in future.

Also if you willing to join any MNC then you can say that you did freelancing during your Idle day and can show you projects too.
  • Alan cruiser
    Alan cruiser
    If you feel that you can do better in freelance writing, then just go for that. In every situation of life, an individual need to take some kind of risk in order to prove oneself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft recently acquired the Internet video calling giant, Estonia based Skype (VoiCE: https://www.crazyengineers.com/microsoft-wants-skype-for-8-billion-245/ ) and as we all expected, Skype is ready to launch on the Windows phone platform. The...
Google's lawyer, N.K. Kaul told justice Suresh Kait that blocking their content would directly mean suppressing the fundamental right of 'freedom of speech'. Google India's case seems to be strong...
AllThingsD has cited 'multiple resources' that confirm that the social networking giant Facebook may file their IPO documents within the next month provided the officials at Securities and Exchange Commission...
I think that's the question almost every wannabe entrepreneur asks. Do you really need an innovative idea to start your own venture? If yes, does that mean every new entrepreneur...
Spring Festival is coming soon! I’m going back to my hometown to spend the holiday with my family.