How to Start / Setup Your Own Blog??

I was wondering, we generally use Blogger, Wordpress etc. for blogging. But, we also can create our own blog. What's the procedure? How it can be done?

Big_K has it's own blog.. He can help me... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't have my domain. So that option is closed for now.
Can we create any blog on free hosting websites, just by uploading the .php setup files??
For eg. 110mb - Free Web Hosting site..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You have two options: Either setup your own blog or opt for blogging service provided by wordpress.com or blogger.com. I think you wish to go with the first option. In order to setup your own blog you need : Domain Name (available for around $10 / year) and get hosting service (price varies depending upon your requirements). If you do not wish to purchase hosting space, you can simply have your existing blogger weblog use your own domain name; however I'd recommend opting for a cheap hosting service.

Once you have purchased domain name and web hosting space; you can simply install Blogging software from Wordpress (wordpress.org) which is same as the one provided by wordpress.com. Installation is totally non-techie and even a zombie can install it. You can practically have your blog live in just few minutes time.

I'm not sure whether you can setup blogs on free hosting service. You will need access to database and also FTP access to your server to do that. If you are serious about blogging; I'd strongly recommend you to choose a domain name and hosting service and get going. If you are hard pressed for money, I'd recommend you to get three friends who are serious about blogging and pay for the server rent. Once server space is rented, multiple blogs can be hosted on it ๐Ÿ˜€

For example, if you have 10 friends, each willing to pay $2/month, you can get 100GB space and many MYSQL databases from MediaTemple. Each one of you can then have your own blog. I can lease you some server space from our mediatemple account, if you wish. Send me a PM if you are interested ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Aahh. Complete information in just one reply. That's simply great. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for the help.
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    If you are new to blogging then I would suggest tumblr.com blog. It's very easy and comes with a lot of themes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Any one knows the solution, am trying to attach the encrypted SQLite database adobe air-adobe flex bulder , it does not get sqlconnection.attach throws error, though the given key...
Indian born professor and IIT-Alumnus, Prof. Nitin Nohria is all set to become the next dean of Harvard University. He currently is the professor of business administration at Harvard Business...
This is the time when the final year engineering students graduate. Four years that all of us spends in Engineering are invariably the most memorable years of our life. So...
I've been to many campuses and have interacted with many students. Since past few years, there's a trend forming; especially among Indian engineering students: IT Jobs - no matter what...
I remember the days of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). You'd plug in new hardware and driver - and zoom the BSOD would appear on screen. Can someone explain what...