How To Start and Consitent With a Blog or Forum

Hello CEan's,

After a very long time I'm here. and need help from you guy's.

I wanted to start a forum on my interested and it's widely followed sector. There are very less forums or blogs are present on that section.

Which one should i start first either blog or a forum. What is the advantage of blog over forum?

My niche is very communicative, everybody wants to ask something.

There are hardly 2-5 forums and few good blogs present in this topic in India.

I'm very passionate and informative in this topic and want to share immense data collected over time.

Please leave your input.

P.S: My topic is not appropriate to CE community. So not revealing the topic. Sorry!!😕

@#-Link-Snipped-# n other.. inputs please..

Thanks and Regards.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great Friend.Good idea on sharing those collection with others.I am in favour for a blog because It has best things that can be viewed and posted with ease.If many of them are searching for your topic and they need a help , blog may be a bettee idea where they can post their queries and get help from you.It also makes you busy 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Make a Blog. Forums maybe be difficult to moderate after certain amount of time.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    @#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks for your input guys.. I'm web developer by the way. Very handy with wordpress. I Just raised question to Admin. How is the experience behind the forum. Anyway i thing blog is highly commendable and easy to manage than forums.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    I think you own an Web Agency. If you have any freelance work on SEO & Web Development ping me anytime. I think you operate from Nagpur.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Ok I'll let you know. We operate mostly from Bangalore btw
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The choice of starting forum or a blog entirely depends on what how you imagine your site to be. A blog gives very restricted access to the people who can create posts while forums encourage interactivity. If you think people will ask questions or have something to 'discussion' forums are a better choice; else go with the blog.

At CE, we started with a forum and then added a blog. Managing, running and growing a forum is going to be a slightly tougher job than managing only a blog. If you have any specific questions, I might try and answer them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iPhone owners in Bangalore using Airtel services now have a reason to smile not just because it's Valentine's Day, but they can use 4G on their favorite devices now. Airtel,...
BlackBerry has announced the launch of updated Blackberry Messenger for its Android, BlackBerry 10 and iPhone users. The updated messaging app will allow Android and iPhone users to make free...
Which of these Delays (Transmission Delay, Propagation Delay, Processing Delay, Queuing delay) depends on packet size in Packet switch Network?
Canonical & Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth announced that Ubuntu will migrate to systemd, moving on from their own Upstart init system. Upstart init daemon was written by former Canonical employee...
Many a times the internet seems to give you unsolicited advice. One the best examples can be found on Facebook or Quora where self proclaimed self help experts seem to...