how to simulate an EDID using a linux computer?

hi,

I want to read from and write in an Extended Display Identification Data of a display monitor. In fact, the EDID is used to describe the sink capabilities (sink supported resolutions, etc...) to the source graphics card. The link between the source and the sink should be an HDMI link because I am dealing with an HDMI stream. #-Link-Snipped-#.

Since the EDID EEPROM memory is often not writable, my idea consists in simulating this EDID by interfacing a PC and using a zone of its RAM memory as an EDID. The EDID of the sink will be ignored.
#-Link-Snipped-#.
The problem is that I have no idea about the nature of the link that I should make between the source HDMI connector and the PC (perhaps I should have a USB==>I²C adapter like #-Link-Snipped-# . Moreover, I wonder what kind of software should I have on my linux laptop so that the source can read the EDID (perhaps a linux USB driver installed in my PC since the DDC channel is based on I²C bus technology ?)

So what do you suggest please ?

Thanks.

Replies

• SupMario
    SupMario
    Someone to help me please !!
  • SupMario
    SupMario
    So, no answer ???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to make a simulation game.Have a decent idea of graphics and programming.But dunno how to really go forward with this.
hey everyone!!! My group has selected 'NOISE REDUCTION IN IMAGES USING FUZZY LOGIC' as our BE project but we do not know much about it.It is based on some implementation...
Education can produce many comical situations. I can't resist asking the question of why there are so many threads that go along the lines of: 😔 I'm doing a senior...
Whats the difference between CNC and NC machine and do u people know any institute which teaches CNC programming
hi , folks In my school they thought me SQL (oracle 9i/10g). which uses SQL plus if i am correct. Now this year they thougth just a brief introduction of...