How to select LCD monitor?

CEans,

I wish to seek general tips on selecting LCD monitors for workstation. I'm planning to replace my old HP mx705 with a flat screen.

I did a primary search and found out that following would be the things I'll have to keep in mind while selecting the right model -

1. Screen width: Ideally, I'd love a 22" - 24" screen.
2. Contrast Ratio
3. Connections: DVI-D, VGA are norm. I've seen HDMI in action, but couldn't make out difference between DVI-D & HDMI ๐Ÿ˜›
4. Budget ;-)

Any suggests, tips are welcome.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nowadays the "widescreen" LCD monitors are the popular choices.

Benq has some neat screens.. one possible choice is the T2200HD, a 21.5" widescreen, with a CR of 1000:1 and response of 5ms. Regarding CR's, its better to view the monitor yourself to judge, since manufacturers use myriad ways to measure "contrast ratios", just like how megapixels influence camera purchases.

Here's a mini review of it:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Price for now is around $155. What is your budget?

I plan to get a secondary 17" LCD monitor for research stuff. You can get one for as low as $90 these days.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    $155 is well within my budget. Actually I'm trying to seek general tips which might be useful to everyone wanting to get a widescreen LCD.

I guess I forgot to add most important point :

The max. supported resolution! What resolution would you all suggest? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well within budget? nice ๐Ÿ˜›

Resolution is pretty subjective. Assuming you have a great graphics card, you'll want the highest resolution in games to get the best quality.

For desktop graphics however, what resolution you choose depends on how small you want stuff on the screen to be in relation to the monitor size.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many! ๐Ÿ˜ To start with - Sultan Of Swing [The intro riff ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ] - By Dire Straits.
this is my code: #include #include #include #include struct _date { int dd,mm,yy; }; struct _time { int hour,min; }; class Train { private: int trainno; char from[20],to[20],station1[20]; _date ddate,s1date,adate;...
Hello everyone, i need some info to start my final year project. so pls send any information you have about central air conditioning systems. technical details are appreciated. thank you....
I would like to ask help from u guys abt my project, i have just finished completing the circuit design and the idea of the project this is how my...
Hi All CEans , So you guys don't get enough time to try your hands on programming? No tensions anymore, you will be given a chance here to do simple...