How to run uBuntu Apps On Mac OSX?

Just curious to know if there's a quick and dirty way to run uBuntu apps on Mac OSX? I've heard of a program called WINE which allows running Windows Programs on OSX; but is there any facility to do the same for uBuntu Apps. Especially, is there a way to directly access the uBuntu software center and get apps on OSX?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Try Fink - Home.
    I haven't used it,So I dunno how-to use it.But there is documentation available in its website.You might get the required help from its forum too.

Please note that,FinkProject modifies .deb files so you can run it on Mac OS X.
    However, most of the apps in Ubuntu are dependent on libs that are already available or can be downloaded externally, which are not included in .deb packages.
    So, sometimes even you have .deb packages ported to Mac OS X using Fink, you'll find that some specific applications are not running because certain required libs are gone missing.
    In such case, you won't be able to do anything.

Hence,I'll recommend you to :
    - Dual-boot OS X & Ubuntu (if you can't leave OS X)
    - Replace OS X with Ubuntu (I recommend this though)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Google IO keynote was amazing. I watched the whole keynote on live stream and was amazed at every new announcement. What made me jump was the release of Google...
An 18-year old girl named Eesha Khare from Saratoga,California has won a $50,000 prize at ISF (International Science Fair) for creating a device (with the help of nano-technology) which can...
For a research work i need HYMOS 4.0 software. Where to get it?Here, Anyone have this software ?
We used to have awesome CrazyEngineers t-shirts. It's time that we gauge a general interest in buying CrazyEngineers t-shirts. There aren't trustworthy custom t-shirt printing services that'd require no 'minimum'...
We successfully ran CEan Of The Month award for a few years before giving it a halt a few months ago. We even had sponsors like Quick Heal to back...