how to remove viruses without antivirus?

hi

how can we remove viruses without using antivirus? means manually delelte viruses.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hello vivekp26.1, Go through these links

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinci
    vinci
    see antivirus might alert you when in case any attack .Remove those by following instruction from your antivirus
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Virus is an unwanted software program. You've to find relevant files and remove them manually. Which files to delete will depend on the virus.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You must be aware of the files, used by the virus program to remove them. Most easily spotted virus or malware include autorun.inf with garbled content...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Most viruses came from pen drive ,
    -- Don't open pendrive by double click or auto pop box.
    If you suspect any folder/usb drive contains virus then open command prompt and go to that path
    -- use atrrib command:
    ATTRIB [+R | -R] [+A | -A ] [+S | -S] [+H | -H] [[drive:] [path] filename] [/S [/D]]
    + Sets an attribute.
    - Clears an attribute.
    R Read-only file attribute.
    A Archive file attribute.
    S System file attribute.
    H Hidden file attribute.
    /S Processes files in all directories in the specified path.
    /D
    Process folders as well.

ATTRIB -s -h -a -r /s /d.

Now every thing in that usb drive is shown and delete using
    command : Del
  • AllenJones
    AllenJones
    Hello friends,

According to my experiences, it is possible to remove some virus manually without the help of any security programs but each and every one the viruses are dissimilar. So you require to find out which one is infected your computer.
    Hope these tips you a little bit !!!

Thanks

Koenig-india.com
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    vivekp26.1
    hi

how can we remove viruses without using antivirus? means manually delelte viruses.
    Hi, one thing I can say is not all virus can be deleted manually. You wont be able to click on them even. They will be running in the system background. But one thing, some passive files can be deleted by enabling Show Hidden Files in the folder options and then manually deleting unwanted files.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Abhishek Swain I agree with you that few virus get activated when you click on it and they also not get deleted manually and they also don not get deleted by ant antivirus the last option is only format the system.
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    vikaskumar11233
    Abhishek Swain I agree with you that few virus get activated when you click on it and they also not get deleted manually and they also don not get deleted by ant antivirus the last option is only format the system.
    Yes, the only way to overcome all problems. FULL FORMAT. 😁
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Abhishek Swain
    Yes, the only way to overcome all problems. FULL FORMAT. 😁
    Abhishek don't you think that formatting frequently system will result in damaging hard drive or mother board??
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    vikaskumar11233
    Abhishek don't you think that formatting frequently system will result in damaging hard drive or mother board??
    1. Frequent formatting won't even hamper your motherboard.
    2. Today, hard disk sectors are not so poorly designed that formatting 5-10 times would result in HDD crash.
    πŸ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Format your computer once a day and reload it with new OS.
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Mr.Don
    Format your computer once a day and reload it with new OS.
    Unnecessarily is there any need to format your computer once a day ?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Abhishek Swain
    Unnecessarily is there any need to format your computer once a day ?
    Well, If you were prone to viruses and if were getting the same problem, you may or use Mac or Linux as they are virus free.
    Mr.Don
    Well, If you were prone to viruses and if were getting the same problem, you may or use Mac or Linux as they are virus free.
    So the HDDs last only for a week's time... πŸ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Praveen-Kumar
    πŸ˜› I'm suggesting to use Linux or Mac praveen. πŸ˜› Vivek please don't follow the one before I posted. Use Linux or Mac(recommended) to avoid this virus problem or install an antivirus for safe use. You'll be wasting a lot of time if you want to do it manually(knowing all those Trojan names and deleting them from Win32 is a headace!) and sometimes if the virus is serious then you might get into a situation where you cannot log in to your OS. Hence prevention is better than cure.
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Praveen-Kumar
    I agree to what Praveen said. If you keep on formatting then definitely your are going to loose your precious data. Right Praveen ?πŸ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Abhishek Swain
    I agree to what Praveen said. If you keep on formatting then definitely your are going to loose your precious data. Right Praveen ?πŸ˜€
    @Abhi I too agree with him πŸ˜›
    Abhishek Swain
    Yup!!! 100%! πŸ˜€
    Mr.Don
    πŸ˜› I'm suggesting to use Linux or Mac praveen. πŸ˜› Vivek please don't follow the one before I posted. Use Linux or Mac(recommended) to avoid this virus problem or install an antivirus for safe use. You'll be wasting a lot of time if you want to do it manually(knowing all those Trojan names and deleting them from Win32 is a headace!) and sometimes if the virus is serious then you might get into a situation where you cannot log in to your OS. Hence prevention is better than cure.
    You mean to say hackintosh???
  • I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    By the way here is an interesting article as to why linux is relatively virus free -

It explains in terms of evolutionary biology/zoology concepts why Linux systems have stayed free from virus trouble.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Abhishek it was great to know that Hard Drive didn't get damage in frequent formatting but are you sure that mother board didn't get any effect of formatting?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Baluarte Bridge has now broken the record held by the Millau Viaduct of France to become the world’s highest cable-stayed bridge in the world. The US$146 million project was recently...
how fast do you want your house to be constructed? a year maybe? Well these guys at the Broad Group think it is too much time. just check out this...
Five friends Ramesh,Sudha,Mohan,Mona and Suresh planned to go on a vaccation. Ramesh booked the tickets to travel and Suresh booked the hotel. All of them were in the same compartment...
A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. - John F. Kennedy Paradigm is synonymous to the Mecca of these ideas. This techno -...
MIT Prof.Vivek Goyal's research on depth data acquisition by laser scanning may lead to 3D cameras on mobile phones. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/sector...-for-mobile-phones/1011349.article?cmpid=TE01