How to reduce the size of a .wav file?

I have a .wav file whose size is 14 MB.
I want to upload it on the net. Is there any way so that I can reduce it's size without distorting its contents?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    I have a .wav file whose size is 14 MB.
    I want to upload it on the net. Is there any way so that I can reduce it's size without distorting its contents?
    Do you want to keep the file as .wav file? Why not convert it into an mp3 file and upload?

You can do so with any MP3 encoder, available freely on the Internet.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    if you want to reduce size keeping same format, then it will have to undergo bit rate reduction which in turn means quality reduction.

Otherwise just convert it to a more efficient format. Mp3 is a reasonable choice if portability is an issue else you may try out aac or ogg both of which are more efficient than mp3.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Aurangabad is creating history. Few months ago, businessmen from Aurangabad created history by booking 150 Mercedes Benz Cars in single day. Now, the entrepreneurs in Aurangabad have created another milestone,...
sir, i am working on oracle lab version 9i. It works for all lab exercises only constraint it does not work for partitions please tell me the procedure to work...
Do you love speed? If yes, you're going to love Project Bloodhound - which aims to create a car that will cross 1000mph or 1600 kmph! Did you read that?...
GRE has been revised from 2011. The changes are as follows: 1. More questions on reading comprehension & data analysis will be added. 2. Analogies and antonyms will be removed...
In 2011, AUGUST – SEPTEMBER August 1: First day of testing for revised test For tests administered in August – September, scores will be reported starting in early November OCTOBER...