How to permanently delete Gmail or Facebook account?

How to delete profile & information from Gmail & Facebook? I wish to know how to completely remove the gmail or facebook accounts?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can delete the accounts that you created, be it Facebook or Gmail. But the companies will take their own twists and turns before the account is finally deleted. You may delete your Gmail account by going into account settings. Gmail will typically keep copies of your mail on their servers for 60 days. In case of Facebook, it's more complicated. They first 'deactivate' your account and then give you all the reasons you shouldn't delete your account. They'll allow you to 'block' the account first and then keep sending you invitations from your friends, so that you go back and reactivate it.

I believe for Facebook, it's about 6 months of time required before you can really delete your account.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are quite right about facebook. i have been trying to get rid of my fb account for the past 4 years.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    I believe for Facebook, it's about 6 months of time required before you can really delete your account.
    But does it mean that facebook/ other social networking sites will lose all the data(after 6 months) I have shared, posted? Or do they remain in possession of the same?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    But does it mean that facebook/ other social networking sites will lose all the data(after 6 months) I have shared, posted? Or do they remain in possession of the same?
    I'm not aware of the updated policies. But the only reliable way to store your data is to keep it in your own HDD or burn it on DVDs.

I'd like to believe that once the account is deleted, they'll delete all the photos you've uploaded. But it's quite possible that they'll store your data in case you 'return'. Facebook is pretty notorious when it comes to letting go of the user data they've collected (which basically is their bread and butter).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know how to jam GSM networks, CDMA and other wireless internet connections using a cascade of CMOS 4011 IC in its astable mode. Also, what type of...
i want to ask that what is the difference between anelastic, inelastic, viscoelastic, viscoplastic deformation... please tell that which depend upon time or not please tell that which shows recoverable...
hello,i m a computer system engineering student,i want to make my final year project on the sharing of charge in air via internet,i.e. for example a person is working in...
Hello All, I graduated from RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia in December 2010, with a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace engineering (at 26 years of age). Worked as a Document Controller (civil...
I had a triple boot system with windows 8, windows 7 and ubuntu using the windows 8 bootloader, but due certain glitches; i had to reinstall ubuntu and now the...