How to making exe file

can an one tell me that how to create exe file for C-program?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Manohar goud
    can an one tell me that how to create exe file for C-program?
    To create an exe of C program u need to compile that program. The steps for same will differ based on which IDE u r using. So u can tell us the IDE, compiler and OS u r using, for more specific steps if needed😁 .
    Good Luck!
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    I think the exe file created automatically when you run a C program!
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    I think the exe file created automatically when you run a C program
    well to enlighten you whenever a c sample program is compiled then an object file is created with the same name as the c source code file. This object file has an extension .o(in linux ) or .obj (in windows operating system). Once this object file has been created the next step is to link this object file with the help of another program module called as linker. This software links the c libraries(as and where required) with the statements written in the object file. Upon successful linking process, an executable file is automatically created in the same folder itself unless the IDE is modified.

In most of the IDEs that we have today, an option build is engaged. this build operation is equivalent to the process of compilation followed by linking.
  • Manohar goud
    Manohar goud
    proffy
    well to enlighten you whenever a c sample program is compiled then an object file is created with the same name as the c source code file. This object file has an extension .o(in linux ) or .obj (in windows operating system). Once this object file has been created the next step is to link this object file with the help of another program module called as linker. This software links the c libraries(as and where required) with the statements written in the object file. Upon successful linking process, an executable file is automatically created in the same folder itself unless the IDE is modified.

In most of the IDEs that we have today, an option build is engaged. this build operation is equivalent to the process of compilation followed by linking.
    But where this .exe file has stored and how can i get it?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Manohar goud
    But where this .exe file has stored and how can i get it?
    Mostly, the exe file is in the same folder as your C file, but depending on IDE it may differ, as for DEV C compiler it is inside the same folder, but in VC++, inside ur specific project folder, there is a debug folder in which exe is placed.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Tony Mccallum
    Hello Community,

An "exe" file is an executable file or a program file. To create an "exe" file in Notepad, you must understand and know a programming language such as C++. With Notepad, users are able create an the file with software already found on their computer.
    1. Open Notepad on your computer. Notepad is located in the "Accessories" folder of the computer's "Program Files".
    2. Hold down the "Alt" key and use the number pad to type in every 3-digit combinations from 000 to 999. After each 3-digit combination, release the "Alt" key.
    I sincerely doubt that this will work, as creation of executable is not a simple process of storing the ASCII codes(which u seem to do). It involves preprocessing, compiling, linking, loading etc. And the data is stored in the binary format (I think) rather than simple numeric codes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am on the verge completing 'Aeronautical Engg' in India. I too wanna take part in discussions.
Hi, all Why ceramic capacitor and electrolytic capacitors are used in simple FM transmitter? i mean what is the purpose?
Hi I m struggling to install WIN 8 on my LAPtop Dell inspiron N5010 because officially it doesn't support it. Is there any way to install it? Help .
hello friends i got DESD= 587 wimc=945 dviesd=292 completed B.tech in ECE with 74 % Honors from RAjasthan Technical University 2012 my interest is in DESD so confused with cdac...
Hi, I am need of a web engineering project ideas .... Plz post ur ideas ... Thanks