How to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) at home?

Sir how to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) in home??

I've seen some techniques but i didn't found those chemicals like ferric chloride..

I need help for this sir...

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Try to get it from your local electronics market or you can order it from Mumbai or let me know I'll inquire about it here and let you know.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chaitanyagymnast
    Sir how to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) in home?? I've seen some techniques but i didn't found those chemicals like ferric chloride..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    godfather
    Try to get it from your local electronics market or you can order it from Mumbai or let me know I'll inquire about it here and let you know.
    What we can order from Mumbai sir..

Already made pcb or anything else??

I saw some procedures and videos in net, but i need correct information to do it right in home..

#-Link-Snipped-#

here the link, please help me...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Home made PCB ? I seriously doubt.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    Troll_So_Hard
    Home made PCB ? I seriously doubt.
    is it useful?? or waste of time??
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am clueless here.
    Tell me steps to make Home-made PCB. I wonder is there anyway possible ?
    If yes, I wanna learn it. So, do share the method to make PCB at home.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Its very easy to make an home made PCB via toner transfer. I make them very frequently. You require the following materials as prerequisites.

1. A LASER printer (Laser is must, inkjet won't work)
    2. Iron (the one used for clothes)
    3. A scrub (scotch brite works best..๐Ÿ˜)
    Those are expensive stuffs.

I've experimented the layout printing on butter paper, news paper etc, but the best one I found is using photo paper. You'll get it for Rs.5 but it gives amazing result.

Those chemicals are very easy to get locally but if not, I'll link you to online resources.

You'll end up wasting like 4-5 clads in the beginning but you'll improve as you make them & will realize the do's and dont's.

There's one link -> Creating PCBs with the toner transfer method

Ignore the chemical, you can substitute it with the available one.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    [Prototype]
    Its very easy to make an home made PCB via toner transfer. I make them very frequently. You require the following materials as prerequisites.

1. A LASER printer (Laser is must, inkjet won't work)
    2. Iron (the one used for clothes)
    3. A scrub (scotch brite works best..๐Ÿ˜)
    Those are expensive stuffs.

I've experimented the layout printing on butter paper, news paper etc, but the best one I found is using photo paper. You'll get it for Rs.5 but it gives amazing result.

Those chemicals are very easy to get locally but if not, I'll link you to online resources.

You'll end up wasting like 4-5 clads in the beginning but you'll improve as you make them & will realize the do's and dont's.
    How much costs the Ferric chloride and copper clad, and what is scrub..
    I mean what is the cost of overall procedure..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chaitanyagymnast
    Why not enquire at a local store?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    If you've the Laser printer and Iron, then overall process wouldn't need more than Rs.120 the first time. The copper clad is generally Rs.35 (big enough), photo paper for Rs.5. I used ferrous chloride which I bought for Rs.60 (500gm) & scrub is just to clean the PCB. The one used to wash the dishes in kitchen. Check the TV for Scotch Brite. Its the same thing.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    any one help to buy pcb making kit online..
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    any one help to buy pcb making kit online..
    One important thing I forgot to mention was a drill machine. I used the general purpose drill machine with 0.7mm drill bit. This is basically a little sketchy job as IC holes are required to be properly drilled in alignment. If you've access to such drill machine, you can just order the drill bits of around 0.7 mm which works the best. Also order 1mm drill bit for drilling holes for components like IC 7805 which have wide terminals than other components. For most part, the 0.7mm one will do the job.

#-Link-Snipped-#

www.OnlineTPS.com, Buy Electronics Components in India, Spare Parts, IC's, Microcontrollers, Operational Amplifiers, MOSFET, Transistors etc
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    i can not find glossy photo paper ๐Ÿ˜”
    any one help
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    i can not find glossy photo paper ๐Ÿ˜”
    any one help
    Come on, don't be so demanding. Go to local stationary. They have that paper. Do a little research of your own as well bro. Don't keep the habit of getting spoon fed.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    sorry, actually i searched for glossy paper in my home town, i found no where... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    sorry, actually i searched for glossy paper in my home town, i found no where... ๐Ÿ˜”
    That's weird thing. Go to stationary & ask for Photo paper. They may not have understood you, explain them that you want the paper which is used for printing photos. Last resort would be to go to a photo studio and beg to them so they sell you one..๐Ÿ˜
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    after etching, we are with bare copper, how can we make it compatible for soldering??
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    after etching, we are with bare copper, how can we make it compatible for soldering??
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    You've to solder on bare copper only, its already ready for soldering. If you're looking for that green coat, then its very difficult to do at home & requires more tools. Its generally not required unless you want to preserve the PCB for long as raw PCB will get oxidized and the copper thickness will go on reducing with time.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    i have another doubt, FeCl3 taken very long time to etch, but generally 10-15 mints is enough..

i used 10% solution..

for perfect etching, how much concentration of solution should be used..

sorry for small doubts, i don't know anything about it.. ๐Ÿ˜”
    i'm learning..
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    chaitanyagymnast
    i have another doubt, FeCl3 taken very long time to etch, but generally 10-15 mints is enough..

i used 10% solution..

for perfect etching, how much concentration of solution should be used..

sorry for small doubts, i don't know anything about it.. ๐Ÿ˜”
    i'm learning..
    Oh well, I never checked the proportion to be honest. It all depends on the chemical and its purity. My dad was a chemist so using his contacts I was able to get hands on laboratory grade Ferrous chloride which was highly pure. I just roughly made a 15-25% solution.

But I've tried with Ferric chloride bought from local strore & man, it was very impure. It was definitely slow & took as good as 1 hour once even when I put a lot of it. For better results, heat up the solution & stir it solution occasionally. This will increase the speed significantly.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    I succeeded in making pcb, but i want to make my own pcb layout..

I heard in orcad it is possible, any one please help me in a simple way..
  • Vishal1485
    Vishal1485
    yes i too have seen this board in copper track industries nashik
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    i want good pcb design software. u help me plz
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ExpressPCB or Eagle.
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    Troll_So_Hard
    ExpressPCB or Eagle.
    expressPCB
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    expressPCB
    What about it ?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I used Eagle, found it good. Library designing is easy. Tried ExpressPCB but didn't liked it much. May be because I was already used to Eagle.
  • Vishal1485
    Vishal1485
    can i get eagle software online
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Vishal1485
    can i get eagle software online
    If something is not available online, probably it doesnt exisist...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • dhruba sunuwar
    dhruba sunuwar
    why would you make a pcb when you can find redymade ones!!!!!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    dhruba sunuwar
    why would you make a pcb when you can find redymade ones!!!!!!
    Not all designs are available ready made buddy and If you are designing some thing new you cannot find a ready made one that easily

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers conference is our casual online discussion facility for the members with 10+ posts on CE. We're running it as an experiment for about a week or two. This thread...
I created this program, which is later connected to another code to form a software.. Actually, now I want to make my software private. I mean, it must work on...
Rumors are spreading on the Internet that the popular news aggregation website, DIGG (which was the darling of web and publishers in the last decade) has been acquired by meager...
this is AKSHAY FROM SANGLI... NICE FEELING AFTER JOIN WITH THIS GROUP...
Engineering in EXTC from mumbai university. Currently working as team leader