How to make a hydraulic scissor platform ??

project topic: DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF A PORTABLE WORK PLATFORM ELEVATED BY TWO HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS
( SCISSOR LINKAGES)

please gurus help me,i need to make it as early as possible to get an A+, and have few weeks left till presentation. any specs can be used or if available a manuscript/report. thanks

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    opedinho
    project topic: DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF A PORTABLE WORK PLATFORM ELEVATED BY TWO HYDRAULIC CYLINDERS ( SCISSOR LINKAGES)
    You can see if these help:

Scissor Lift Jack Equations and Loading Calculator

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • rebellionofrebel
    rebellionofrebel
    With Hydraulic cylinders you can make a platform out of straight links !! normally Scissor links are used with Electric motors and you use a transmission system!!!!! Is there a specific advantage of using scissor platforms with hydraulic cylinders??? Do enlighten me !!!!
  • opedinho
    opedinho
    Yes, there is because when using hydraulic cylinders, it's dependency of power supply is eliminated,
    Long service life, Energy storage capability, High energy density.

So, that's what i know about using the hydraulic system over electrical systems.
  • rebellionofrebel
    rebellionofrebel
    ok Wait.. even for normal electric drives, if the power falls the scissor platform does not simply roll donw!! it stays locked because the gear transmission box does not allow it to reverse power itself.. so dont worry on that part.. even for hydaulic systems u shall need electirc power for driving the pumps .. So in either case u will be using electric power .. Also u can have back up in both cases by Battery Banks!!!!! and if u platform is mounted on a vehicle , use the IC engine power of vehicle to drive ur pump in case of hydraulic system or drive motor in case of the electric system.
    The advantage of hydraulic system, is actually it helps u in lifting more weight and over more height!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, As human beings we all make mistakes. But as ignorance blinds us or as our pride is too high, we fail to pardon ourselves for what has happened....
If somebody is interested to know how CE is Grown: Here is the statistics, collected from various algorithms of Mine. If the data is objectionable , I am open to...
From which institute I can get postal material to prepare for gate2012 metallurgical engineering? preferably in south indian or else whole of india..... If not some online materials....
Hi, I have my own forum. But I can not open it. I always leave spam messages. Dear administrator, tell me how you defended your forum?
You'll notice this on TV 99/100 times - the best advice is "Follow your heart". When you've to decide between your heart and brain - always follow your heart. Now,...