How to make a Helix (Spring) in CATIA?

friends,
This time let us learn how to make a helical spring in CATIA. Have a look at this video.
[video=youtube;EJQcfB83hiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQcfB83hiQ[/video]

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    In this video, you will notice that:
    1.You need to operate on two different planes, mutually perpendicular to each other.
    2.Always bear in mind that if you are giving a profile curve to follow, the it must have the "starting" point on it.
    3.You have to choose the wireframe module after you you are done with sketcher. Go for the helix command in the "Wireframe" tool bar. See various options and help your self.
    4. After you have made a sketch to follow the wireframe spring which you have just made, go for the "Rib" command to follow that helix by toggling to "Part design module".
    5. You will find Rib command it the normal pad pocket tool bar.
    6. As I have shown in, you can have any regular or irregular cross section for the spring.
    If you have any doubt regarding any aspect, feel free to discuss. 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    See these image.
    This one shows the cross section.
    [​IMG]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This image shows complete spring following a profile. 😀
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi M pursuing b.tech in cse n want summer training for 6 to 8 weeks. plz help me out that wich companies are providing this. m studyiing in gurgaon college...
The databases I have heard were Sql Server, Mysql, Oracle, Postgres etc. And I worked on Sql Server 2005 and Oracle 10G for my Projects. Can anyone tell me the...
hi, i am a beginner can anybody tell me about the scientific benefits of the sites😒
RTMNU 6th semester result for engineering to be declared on the website people. NAGPUR UNIVERSITY: RTMNU RESULT:- SIXTH SEMESTER B.E. | 6 TH SEM BE | ENGINEERING RESULT 6TH SEM...
Hello every one... I am currently working as an IT Consultant and Developer in a reputed firm after obtaining my undergraduate engineering degree in Production and Industrial Engg. However the...