how to install window xp with pen drive

can anyone tell me how to install windows xp from the pen drive.
how to make it bootable,.,
m currently using vista in my lapi.

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    There are several software available to create a bootable usb disk. One such is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    gaurav.bhorkar
    There are several software available to create a bootable usb disk. One such is #-Link-Snipped-#
    Gaurav, as I have not used a usb device as a bootable device, I need to ask you this. If a usb device is made bootable, then can it be changed back?
    Is that going to be a permanent change?
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    aj_onduty
    Gaurav, as I have not used a usb device as a bootable device, I need to ask you this. If a usb device is made bootable, then can it be changed back?
    Is that going to be a permanent change?
    @AJ! : you can make usb device back to normal. i.e change is not permanent!
  • ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    have u ever installed window through this software.,.?
    i mean to say ,.,does it works successfully,.,??
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    ashishgupta652
    have u ever installed window through this software.,.?
    i mean to say ,.,does it works successfully,.,??
    Never installed though, but it works.
  • ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    i made the pd bootable but when i was installing window it showed some files were missing.,.,and i have installed the same window cd in other computers.

can u tell me the another way to do this,.,??
    this soft doesnt work,.,
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    seach this forum
    you will get your answer
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    soft works definitely
    there have been posts in this forum regarding the same earlier. search a little 😛
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    Just create a file with extension ".ini" and name autorun.ini
    and edit it with notepad and write the following code into it

[autorun]
    open=setup.exe

now copy this file to pendrive, and also copy all the files from the folder where the setup of window is there(jst copy and paste as it is in the folder dont try to create new folders or etc) make sure that setup.exe file must be there whose name is given in the autorun file.
    Now reboot the system by inserting pendrive into,
    Hope this can help(i have tried it)
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    what relation does autorun have with being bootable ?
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    autorun makes execution of setup.exe automatically when ur system boot with pendrive already inserted and start the installation. without loading the previously installed OS.
  • themask
    themask
    I've tried with my pd to boot Windows from It.
    Never succeeded. I doubt whether it can be done for sure?
    Anybody who have done successfully and using it, please tell us in a step by step to do how manner.

Thanks in Advance
  • ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    no success till now,.
    can anyone tell me the exact procedure to make pd bootable to install xp.
    dere is no such other thread in this forum regarding this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, ive currently undertaken a project to design a heart rate monitor using flowcode.. i plan to transmit the data to a laptop via bluetooth.. i have no experience...
hello, i need a project of differential protection of transformer through matlab simulink .if any idea please tell me.its urjent. and i want to modified that with only one ct.
hi guys we are doing a project on SQL injecton attacks ... well we have made a small java application which identifies if a server is SQL based and if...
The Google's search pages that make the biggest advertising real estate now let's you search promoted tweets. 😀 In a latest news, Google has agreed to show Twitter's promoted tweets...
AT&T and Samsung Mobile have teamed up to bring the new Samsung Evergreen to AT&T. What makes this phone Eco-friendly? Answer is: It is built with recycled post-consumer plastics and...