How to Install Nvidia Video drivers ?(Ubuntu)

Ubuntu comes with Open Source video driver called Nouveau by default. But being honest, this driver is lacking 3D acceleration, means most of latest games or even some old but high-end graphics games won't work.So, Nvidia made another drivers called Nvidia Unified UNIX Graphics Drivers. Installing the drivers by Nvidia, you will see expected performance of your GPU.

Now, you might be knowing your GPU model but you might not be knowing the driver version.
Go to System Settings --> Details --> Graphics.
Now you know the driver version of your GPU,you can download the nvidia driver from #-Link-Snipped-#.

The Installer script is uploaded, download it, extract it in "Downloads" & execute in terminal using following command :
chmod -x nvidia_driverinstaller.sh
sh ~/Downloads/nvidia_driverinstaller.sh

this will run the script & job's done 👍

PC will re-boot & enjoy the robust gaming 😀

If any problems, post here.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am done with the initial draft of the SOP for my grad school application. Would anyone be willing to evaluate it? If so, please give me your email...
It's Diwali season in India and that means big bucks for all the telecom network operators. Indians get obsessed with sending and forwarding the "Happy Diwali" SMS to each other...
can anyone suggest me the link where i can find and download audios related to space shuttle launch!! i specially need the count down parts during the launch
Honda's entering into the diesel powered car markets with a new car - Honda Amaze, to be launched in India and Thailand next year. The car is said to be...
hello to all. . .i would like to thanks to this site specially to Mr. Praveen-Kumar to help me with my project. . .I have passed my programming subject to...