How to identify type of RAM?

Hi fRienDs,
I want to find the type of RAM,which my system have without opening the system.
As we can know the how much hard disk a particular system have or how much of RAM the system the system have from the SYSTEM property.
I am using windows Xp SP2.So how I can determine the type of RAM which my system have?
I know that I have DDR3 RAM but also I want to know that is there any way given by Windows Xp to identify the type of RAM.

Thanking you.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Start -> Programs -> Accessories - >System tools -> System Information and select RAM/memory for details
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    Hey,I done the actions stated by you.But there is memory information and its status.
    There is no information of RAM.I want to know its TYPE,i.e. it is either DDR1,DDR2 or DDR3.

I hope you get my point.
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I don't find any details about type of RAM and the maximum memory of RAM.

#-Link-Snipped-# Go to #-Link-Snipped-#. Select the manufacturer,product line and the model. Get the type of RAM which your computer uses,maximum memory of RAM to upgrade, compatible upgrades to your model.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Can you try in BOIS.. restart the system and just sataring for splash screen you can see which key to press to go into BIOS. I think its f1 for most systems.
    I am sure you will find the RAM type information there.

Edit: you can try CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID I have used similar kind of tool. It can also help you.

Edit2:Yes CPUZ is working great and it show you some other information too.
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    #-Link-Snipped-# I doesn't find there desired result for type of RAM.
    I asked that question because one of my friend is using Intel P4 pc and he has to buy new RAM when he went to dealer,dealer asked him for the type of RAM.So asked me that how he could know the type of RAM.We know that Intel Dual Core,Core2Duo uses DDR2 RAM,Intel i series uses DDR3 RAM.Which one is used for P4?

#-Link-Snipped-# I will try it bro.

Thanks for both of you for suggestion.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Guys... Did anyone try CPU-Z? I am using it for the past 2 years to find out the full system hardware information... It shows all the information you need. Check out this screenshot, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#:

[โ€‹IMG]โ€‹
    โ€‹
    You can download it from here: CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUIDโ€‹
    It is a free software. ๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    Wow !!! It's amazing...!!!!!

Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    I will use it.
    ysr shk
    Wow !!! It's amazing...!!!!!

Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    I will use it.
    Sure, let us know the results... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ysr shk
    ysr shk
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Itz amazing.I didn't expected that it will give me motherboard's company as well as model.
    But it gave me my motherboard model.
    Also it gives current cache memory used.
    And the RAM model also.

Hats off to the creator of CPU-Z.
    And thanks praveen to tell me the useful s/w.
    ysr shk
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Itz amazing.I didn't expected that it will give me motherboard's company as well as model.
    But it gave me my motherboard model.
    Also it gives current cache memory used.
    And the RAM model also.

Hats off to the creator of CPU-Z.
    And thanks praveen to tell me the useful s/w.
    Welcome... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, Quick question, based on job prospects which is better, a BSc in an engineering deisicipline or a BEng? What is the difference? #my 1st post(2nd after my introduction)๐Ÿ˜€
hi am josva..... hi crazy engineers...am very glad to join ths site&i expect more thinks more from ths site.....
Name:SHUBHAM RAJARAM PATEL *Engineering Trade:B.Tech in Electrical Engg. Location:LONERE, Raigad *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: to do new things like Projects,interest in RENEWABLE ENERGY *Aim in life: To contribute BEST...
I am Civil engineer by profession
Does anybody know of a non-nuclear in-line continuous density meter suitable for abrasive mining slurry? At the moment our requirement is for a 4" (100mm) diameter. Our customer wants to...