How to glow a 100 watt bulb without using any wire?

This question was posted in CE Conference by CEan - #-Link-Snipped-#

Anyone?

Replies

• ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Seems an interesting one. Did any one answer it?
  • Differential
    Differential
    I guess I've not understood the question. You have been given a 100 watt bulb, which you are supposed to glow without connecting to electricity source. Right?
  • terenasstand
    terenasstand
    i don't think i understand this question.you want to glow the 100 watt bulb without any wire? where is the source? where is the closed circuit?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I vaguely remember, we've had a discussion on wireless distribution of electricity. However the topic is interesting!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    sorry guys, I know any one can WIKI but i just took intiative.

check here -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_electricity
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah, you do not need wire. There are many many conductive materials out there. yes, a lot of them are not very efficient conductors. Even your body will work if you are holding it. There's an old sideshow trick where someone sits on a table and shoots electric bolts via a generator from their hands and lights up bulbs.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I am not sure but can solar energy be used here? πŸ˜•

How about becoming a new edison who invent -"A solar bulb" 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    I am not sure but can solar energy be used here? πŸ˜•

How about becoming a new edison who invent -"A solar bulb" 😁
    Haha, Shalini, I think Nikola Tesla rolled over his grave at the mention of edison πŸ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    i think we can make a bulb glow by using a closed circuit and passing power as an EMF.
    Material which conduct will make the bulb glow
    😎😎
  • rammy_233
    rammy_233
    Hi ...
    I am the one who is verymuch interested in "Wireless Transmission of Power" .....

I think... recent development in this regards is a 60 W of power is been transmitted to a distance of about 1 mtr...

let me know if there is any further development....?
  • slipfriction
    slipfriction
    Hey my first post! I know how to make a 100watt bulb (fluorescent) glow without wire, put it against a plasma ball. How it works, I don't know, it some sort of phenomenon. Here's a video I found, AWESOME Plasma ball and fluorescent bulb phenomenon (flourescent) NEW - YouTube - hope you found this helpful πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    100watts is too much power of-course does the questions means wireless glowing of bulb with the source at a distance or it should be just wire-free!!!
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    Wireless Electricity

refer to this site πŸ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I tell you what, why don't we try doing a simple EMF experiment? Generate lets say.. 1W of transmit power through a dipole antenna at 2.4 GHz, get another dipole antenna and hook it up to a receiving circuit containing an LED. The usually just require 60mA of current. If it lights up, we'll have successfully performed "wireless" electrical transmission.. even if it is highly inefficient πŸ˜‰

Though, trying to transmit 100W worth will get you intro trouble with authorities, if it hasn't fried your organs yet.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Has anyone built a Tesla coil? I've built a small unit way back when. With the proper skills and equipment, it is a simple foray into generation and exploring wireless transmission.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    but tesla coils has its limitations too..........since tesla days
  • gohm
    gohm
    true, however Tesla was working on power tramsmission as he believed all power could be transmitted wirelessly. He built a huge coil unit until funding ran out.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well still many are working on his principle but no takers for them,since they are considered very dangerous and increses the chance of accidents!!!
  • Pluto
    Pluto
    In answer to your question of lighting a bulb without wires, I believe itΓ’€™s all to do with the inductive field surrounding AC high-tension transmission wires. I must state at this point that nobody should try this, as it is extremely dangerous. Hold a fluorescent tube (100w fine) near a phase of one of the conductors and the bulb will glow, the best results are seen on >132KV but you can get results on 33KV.

Hope this answers your question
    #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ˜€
    KD
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Agree to Pluto.

I have also heard that in some villages in India, where high tension lines pass through, people try to install bulbs near these which glow & provide them light. Hence, you do not have to pay for the electricity consumption. ;-)

It also requires a distance to be maintained, else the bulb get fused or blasts. :sshhh:
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    ashuashi
    Agree to Pluto.

I have also heard that in some villages in India, where high tension lines pass through, people try to install bulbs near these which glow & provide them light. Hence, you do not have to pay for the electricity consumption. ;-)

It also requires a distance to be maintained, else the bulb get fused or blasts. :sshhh:
    I have heard about that too.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    One thing, I was toying with this question and I came out with a crazy answer. This is just stupid, but I thought in another way, in a simple way, simple and stupid enough.

The question is to glow a 100 watt bulb without a wire. I stressed myself on the word "wire". Wire is a shape of a material, it is not an independent material. A conductor can take shape of a wire, a block, a sheet, a pipe etc. Cant we use conductors in any other shape???
    Please don't laugh, but I couldn't think of wireless electricity or solar energy. I just thought about it in a simple way.
    What do you think?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone send me the circuit diagram of broadband emi sensor. a simple algoritm for differentiating clutters from landmines
Hello Every Body! I need solution manual of Vector Mechanics for Engineers by Beer & Johnston(7th or 8th edition). If any one of you have it,please send me at ...
A lot is being said everywhere about piracy. We need to have a better understanding of piracy! Case 1: I buy an ebook/movie from an authorized vendor. I make the...
Hey can any1 tell me wat is output voltage of an electric guitar and a synth??? we know for microphone it can be 2mv or something lik dat.i want to...
Are you looking for a chance to make your mark in the world of journalism? Do you have the passion to report news? Are you looking for a platform to...