How to find a job when most are through agencies?

I had a chat with a friend yesterday who had the above query.

She says, "I feel like I'm wasting my time applying for jobs because like 95% of the jobs I find are through agencies. I get the feeling they aren't even sending my applications to the companies because I'll get maybe one e-mail a month telling me my application has been passed on. I apply for 5-10 jobs per week.

I don't believe it's an issue with my CV or cover letters because I have a fairly good success rate at getting interviews when I apply directly to a company.

So what to do when like 95% of IT jobs are through agencies? Not to mention your reward for this annoyance is that the agency gets to take part of your salary when you do find a job."

What do you think about this?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This sounds like a weird question but game programming is a lot different than application programming. We can learn it through various courses outside university too. Just wanted to know.....
Let's make a list of the Best Universities for MS in Computer Science in USA and what makes them the best in this field. It will come handy to many....
Let's make a list of the Best Universities for MS in Electrical Engineering in USA and what makes them the best in this field. It will come handy to many....
Let's make a list of the Best Universities for MS in Civil Engineering in USA and what makes them the best in this field. It will come handy to many....
Let's make a list of the Best Universities for MS in Electronics Engineering in USA and what makes them the best in this field. It will come handy to many....