How to find a job as a programmer ?

I am a CSE 2012 graduate from a well reputed college in Noida. But i couldn't get placed in campus placements probably because of my English fluency and nervous behaviors in interviews. From college i had chances in 10-12 campus drives but i couldn't get placed.
I have been rejected 6 times from GD and last round of interviews in companies like Tech Mahindra, NewGen, Fiserve and CSC. 70% of the times i have cleared the technical written, aptitude and technical interviews.
I believe my technical abilities are good enough to get a job as i know C, C++, Java and Python languages. I have been a permanent complete Linux OS user for last 3 years which i believe is necessary for Computer Engineers and programmers.

But the thing is, after college my CV never get shortlisted and when it does the recruiters probably judge me from my past failure and they reject me.
I have worked on my communication skills and other issues.
Now it has been 6 months after finishing the college but i'm still jobless.
I can't not even think about changing my line because Engineering was my dream from school days. But now i am losing my confidence and hope.
Can anyone guide me through this tough time ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's very disturbing to see good engineers getting rejected from jobs because of their inability to speak a foreign language. If verbal communication in English is a problem, then it can be definitely improved within a months' time with focused efforts.

Your situation is similar to one of the 2010 grads I knew. He was 'excellent' in programming and all things technical, but he didn't have good marks in all the semesters. Plus his 10+2 score wasn't very good. As a result, he was disqualified from appearing for campus placements. I advised him to look for a job in startup companies that would hire you for your engineering talent & skills, paying lesser attention to your English speaking / communication skills. He got a job in Bangalore with a very lesser known company and being a hard-worker; he got more roles & responsibilities in just 6 months time.

He worked there for about 1.5 years and then decided to apply for a bigger company. He now earns way more than anyone in his batch-mates (I think so). So, don't lose heart and keep trying and searching for the 'right' company. But all through the coming days, do not stop improving yourself, your skills, your knowledge and your personality. Participating regularly on CE would definitely be one of the first steps.

Keep us updated about your progress.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Moreover, There are plenty of Job Recruitment Sites, where you could get updates of many Hiring Companies for many posts. You must register there and set up your Job preferences, so that you never miss any opportunity coming forward.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pretty awesome, I wish I was that good. lol
So I got a Macbook Pro and I'm far more familiar with the Windows free anti-virus softwares. Any suggestions for a good, efficient, and free anti-virus for this operating system?
To overcome the problem of ELECTRICAL CRISIS IN INDIA
why 4GB RAM actually have the capacity of 3.7 GB.similarly 2GB(1.8GB)
Hi friends, I want to join B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) from SNU and BS (Electrical and Computer Engineering) from CMU. This is a dual degree program offered by shiv...