How to disable right click in Opera using JavaScript

Hi All,

Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other browsers except in Opera. I even changed the settings of this Opera browser but still it is not accepting right click associated events. Anyone any ideas? Why it is so? Any solutions for this ? Why this following line doesn't work in Opera? ๐Ÿ˜”
document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false");
Thanks a lot !

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sookie
    Hi All,

Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other browsers except in Opera. I even changed the settings of this Opera browser but still it is not accepting right click associated events. Anyone any ideas? Why it is so? Any solutions for this ? Why this following line doesn't work in Opera? ๐Ÿ˜”

Thanks a lot !
    MaRo is the one to answer this one. MaRo - over to you ๐Ÿ˜

PS: Take a look here - Options -> Advanced -> Content -> JavaScript Options, and Site preferences -> Scripting
  • sookie
    sookie
    The_Big_K
    MaRo is the one to answer this one. MaRo - over to you ๐Ÿ˜

PS: Take a look here - Options -> Advanced -> Content -> JavaScript Options, and Site preferences -> Scripting
    Thanks but what you told is I have already tried as I mentioned in my earlier post also. Changing browser preference settings for "context menu in javascript" is also not working. ๐Ÿ˜”

Still waiting for better responses. ๐Ÿ˜”

Thanks !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am making a IR emitter detector circuit in which i have to use a preset resistor which is a three pin variable resistor of this type- please anyone tell...
Air traffic control: Itโ€™s a good topic you can choose it, but try to stress on Indian ATC. Active pixel sensor๐Ÿ˜”or the CMOS sensor) can be clubbed along with the...
what is the torque required to run the bicycle having the weight of 100 kg. assume data self regarding: 1) friction * rolling friction take dia of tyre= 18" *...
How to design shafts on the basis of rigidity and angle of twist?
This link has a photos of the recent Russian dam accident:The Sayano-Shushenskaya dam accident - The Big Picture - Boston.com