How to develop a simple Browser Add-on / Plugin using Python?

Can someone here explain how Python can be used in web browsers to control, create or manipulate the content within a user's web browser, or a web-based technology in a simple way?
I have heard that there are tools that convert Python into JavaScript, that can then be run either stand-alone, using technology such as Spidermonkey, Google's V8 engine (for example, using pyv8), or in a web browser. Can someone explain in simple format - how to embed Python in any web browser?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In the last 2-3 years, Samsung's emerged as one of the biggest 'seller' of Android, because all the company's flagship phones have been powered by Android operating system from Google....
I've been experimenting with Twitter apps on Android, and have found that the latest official Twitter App available in Play Store seems to be the best option available out there....
So, Cygwin is not a full operating system and therefore it relies on Windows for accomplishing some tasks. For example, Cygwin provides a POSIX view of the Windows filesystem, but...
A friend told me - "Oh, so you haven't heard of Candy Crush game on Android yet? ..What world do you live in?" and out of sheer curiosity I installed...
This post is specially for the engineer geeks and nerds among us, who can see the humorous side of the people who call themselves engineers. Let us share our thoughts...