How to delete the old file names in the drop down list box in the RUN dialogue box?

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. When I open the Run dialog box and press the letter "F," a drop-down list of file names appears. However, this list includes file names that I have previously deleted. How can I remove these file names that no longer exist on my system?

To remove the old file names from the drop-down list in the Run dialog box in Windows Vista Home Premium, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the "Windows" key on your keyboard or click on the "Start" button to open the Start menu.

2. In the search box, type "regedit" and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.

3. In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, you will see a list of keys starting with "MRU" followed by letters and numbers (e.g., "MRU1", "MRU2", etc.).

5. Look for the keys that correspond to the file names you want to remove from the Run dialog box. They will contain the file names as their values.

6. Right-click on the key that contains the file name you want to delete and choose "Delete" from the context menu. Confirm the deletion if prompted.

7. Repeat step 6 for each key that contains an unwanted file name.

8. Close the Registry Editor.

After following these steps, the old file names should no longer appear in the drop-down list when you open the Run dialog box and press the letter "F" or any other relevant key. Remember to be cautious while working with the Registry Editor, as making incorrect changes can cause system issues. It's recommended to create a backup of your registry before making any modifications.

Replies

• dipen30
    dipen30
    Re: How to delete the old file names in the drop down list box in the RUN dialogue bo

double click on my computer then press ctrl+h "it shows history"

then delete all history ...
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    Re: How to delete the old file names in the drop down list box in the RUN dialogue bo

right click on taskbar and choose start menu an taskbar settings and in that u will get option of deleting recently openend files

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i am a final yr electronics and communication engineering student from chandigarh, india. I want to publish a paper on an electronics journal and for that i want to...
#include #include struct student { int roll;char name; }s1; FILE *fp; void main() { create_file(); read_file(); getch(); } void create_file() { char reply; fp=fopen("student.txt","w"); if(fp==NULL) { printf("\n the file cannot...
import java.io.*; public class new { public static void main(String args[]) { String name; BufferedReader reader; reader=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in)); System.out.print("\n What is your name?"); try { name=reader.readLine(); System.out.println("hello,"+name+"!"); } catch...
hey me fellow CEans, I am doing enigneering from ip university, Delhi! The college is good and reputed. And i have managed to clear all the backlogs i have as...
Hi 4 all i m from afghanistan, i m hacker is any1 need help can contact me, may many member know by my user AK-47 king of hacker.... i have...