How to define Entropy in simple words?

entropy is called the degree of disorder in a system. but how should i define it if some one asks me the definition??? 😔

Replies

• The myth buster
    The myth buster
    well simpy saying "degree of randomness" doesn't convey the full meaning..entropy is a point function that decides the degree of reversibility r closeness to an ideal(reversible) process..so entropy may be defined as degree of randomness compared to a body present at a temperature of -273 degree celsius or 0 kelvin..as such a body would have 0 entropy..!!
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    Ila Ragade
    entropy is called the degree of disorder in a system. but how should i define it if some one asks me the definition??? 😔
    entropy is a property of system. if we want to defined in equation form we will write (Q/T)rev. =dS . hear Q ( heat transfer) by T (temperature) for reversible process.is shown by dS ia called entropy change..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've an interview scheduled on money. Please give me advice on how to go about it?
As I travel around places to deliver talks, I see growing interest in entrepreneurship and startups among students in India. However, the trend seems to be mushrooming among those enrolled...
what does a two legged stirrup, 3, 4,6 legged stirrup looks like?
So we've the British engineers devising a technique to create petrol from air. I'm wondering if the technology holds any promise and if it solves the man kind's fuel problems...
LG had announced the Optimus Vu earlier this year at the Mobile World Congress. The phone has now entered India with a price tag of Rs. 34500. The LG optimus...