How to choose the best supplier? Lowest cost may not be correct

Quite often an engineer has to shop for supplies. There are myriads of suppliers fighting for market space. Some are long established vendors with old, rather rickety or manual equipment, while others may have state-of-art machines with high productivity. The prices quoted reflect these differences. Selecting a proper vendor in such circumstances is not as simple as choosing the cheapest.
This article gives details of how to select the best:
How Do You Choose The Best Supplier?- Steve Staub | Speaking of Precision Blog

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you're experiencing any issue with logging in, please clear your browser cache (cookies). Everything should work fine if you delete your cookies/cache in the last hour. If you still...
hi friends, i am in new in this forum.... so i am going to introduce me with u all....... I am student of Mechanical engineering(Presently 2nd year) in Lovely professional...
hi friends...... i have few doubts regarding strength of material, so please can anyone give me solution for them........ 1. why stress decreases from upper yield point to lower yield...
Hello, It's understood that rotational variances occur in U Joints as the angle of the input shaft increases relative to the output shaft. Can someone refresh my memory as this...
Hello, I know there are robots available which have sensors on them which allow them to roam around and return to their re-charging outlets - like the iRobot Roomba. I...