How to calculate ROM size.

Hi,
can any one Please tell me how to calculate ROM size for the source code.

E.g:- Imagine my source code is 1000Lines of Code.
What shall be the ROM(Microcontroller) size for this code.:roll:

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Compile the code using any code compiler. The particular compiler depends on the micro controller you are using. For 8051 based controllers, you have keil or ride. Similarly for pic or avr, you have the respective developers.
    Compile the code and create a hex file of the code. The size of the hex file is the size of ROM required to run the program in that controller.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    buddy,if your programme is not fitting in a ROM of a particular microcontroller you can use an external ROM,memory should not be your issue!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends. I am going to do project on minimizing the power consumption.so by running the air cooler with solar energy.plz tell me comments and suggestions on this project........
Register now at the website , a place where students from all over gather to learn, grow and have fun discussing a wide range of topics in forums. This site...
Hi ... I am a II year ece student....do we have any software to perform the Electronic circuits..other than Pspice/orcad
Can you explain what is recursion function and how to stop a recursion function? It would be helpful if you offer some code examples and explanation.
Hi,​ ​Check out www FavorGoods com for awesome name brand Shoes,Handbags,Hats,Hoodies,Jeans,Lacoste Shoes, Shorts,Sunglasses,Boots,T-Shirts, watches, clothes,Belts,Boots,Jackets, Jerseys,Jewelry, Suit,Wallets,and more! low prices. Website: www.FavorGoods.com​