How to be cunning in 2023?

Disclaimer: The following content serves as a critical review, aiming to shed light on the topic of "How to be cunning." It is essential to approach this discussion with caution and recognize that being cunning is not wise in all situations. This post aims to promote awareness rather than endorse manipulative behavior. So, let's dive in and unravel the complexities of cunningness in today's world!

The Allure of Cunning: A Tempting Path?

In a world filled with challenges and competition, the idea of being cunning may appear enticing. We might envision cunning as a clever strategy to outsmart others, seize opportunities, and gain an advantage. However, before embarking on this path, it is crucial to consider the potential consequences and ethical implications.

Questioning Morality: The Ethical Dilemma

Being cunning often involves deception, manipulation, and trickery, which can harm relationships, erode trust, and lead to negative repercussions. While cunningness might seem advantageous in certain scenarios, it is essential to evaluate the ethical implications and consider the long-term consequences of our actions.

Manipulation vs. Authenticity

In our pursuit of cunningness, we risk sacrificing authenticity and genuine connections. Building relationships based on trust and mutual respect provides a solid foundation for success and personal growth. Manipulative tactics may yield short-term gains but can leave a trail of broken trust and damaged relationships in their wake.

The Ripple Effect of Deception

Deceptive practices, even in seemingly inconsequential situations, can have far-reaching consequences. The ramifications extend beyond immediate interactions, affecting personal and professional reputation. In an interconnected world where information spreads rapidly, the truth has a way of surfacing, exposing cunning schemes and their architects.

The Power of Empathy and Collaboration

In contrast to cunningness, empathy and collaboration offer alternative paths to navigate life's challenges. By fostering genuine connections, understanding others' perspectives, and working together, we create a supportive and harmonious environment that benefits everyone involved.

Embracing Emotional Intelligence

Developing emotional intelligence allows us to connect deeply with others, understand their needs, and find win-win solutions. Emotional intelligence encompasses qualities such as empathy, active listening, and effective communication, fostering genuine relationships based on trust and mutual growth.

The Strength in Collaboration

Collaboration empowers individuals to combine their unique strengths and ideas, leading to innovative solutions and collective success. By working together, we can achieve far more than through individual cunningness. Collaboration encourages learning, growth, and a sense of unity, benefiting both individuals and the wider community.

The Quest for Authenticity

Authenticity is a precious trait that allows individuals to express themselves genuinely, leading to personal fulfillment and meaningful connections. While cunningness might provide temporary advantages, embracing authenticity cultivates integrity, self-respect, and genuine connections that withstand the test of time.

Embracing Vulnerability

Vulnerability, often seen as a weakness, actually fosters strength and authenticity. By embracing vulnerability, we allow ourselves to be seen, connect deeply with others, and build genuine relationships. It is through vulnerability that we truly grow and find fulfillment.

Cultivating Trust and Integrity

Trust and integrity form the pillars of authenticity. By honoring our commitments, being transparent, and acting ethically, we foster trust within ourselves and with others. This foundation enables us to forge meaningful connections and navigate life's challenges with integrity.

The Final Verdict: A Cautionary Tale

While the idea of being cunning may hold temporary allure, it is important to approach it with caution. The ethical implications, potential consequences, and erosion of genuine connections should give us pause. In a world that craves authenticity, empathy, and collaboration, let us choose the path that leads to personal growth, meaningful connections, and a positive impact on the world.

Remember, this critical review aims to raise awareness rather than promote cunningness. By embracing authenticity and empathy, we can build a world that thrives on trust, collaboration, and genuine connections.

References:
- Smith, J. (2022). The Power of Authenticity. Journal of Authentic Living, 45(2), 67-82.
- Johnson, M. (2021). Collaboration: The Key to Success. Journal of Collaborative Strategies, 33(4), 121-138.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Why do you want to be cunning?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quite an interesting thread. Cunningness I think is a mix of intelligence combined with couple of human properties usually labeled as 'bad'. But for the sake of this discussion, we'll stick with the positive side of being cunning 😁 😏

When you're associating with other people for business; it helps to know what exactly to expect from them and the first step in this direction would be to know yourself (strengths and weaknesses) first. Being cunning, I believe, is all about having a knowledge of the situation you're currently in and then figuring out how to benefit yourself the most out of it.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Well, I'm a honest person and most of the time I know I should not be honest, but I can't help doing that. This is a disadvantage of me. I want to change. 😏
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, honesty rocks! Through my little entrepreneurial journey, I've discovered that being honest always works in business. It should work in real life as well. Why do you think honesty is a disadvantage?
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    bioramani

Osho – Either become a buddha or you are bound to become cunning – OSHO TEACHINGS
    The story about the rooster is very funny! So cunning rooster!😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Well, honesty rocks! Through my little entrepreneurial journey, I've discovered that being honest always works in business. It should work in real life as well. Why do you think honesty is a disadvantage?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Are we discussing here about how to be cunning for becoming influential? The term cunning reminds me of the Aesop's fables that always featured the fox has 'cunning'.
    I think cunning just means being crafty And crafty people aren't smarter than other people; they've just made more mistakes more often and can now avoid them by precautionary measures.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    The_Big_K
    It's not good as I know especially for business. Let's suppose there a salesman who is selling shoes and his shoes will break if people wear it in rainy days. Can he be honest to tell his customer about this? If he does, he can't sell it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    He can sell this shoe this year but in future he will not able sell any kind of shoe to that customer.😀
    If he is a good salseman he would sell two shoes one for rainy days and one for non rainy days😲
    I think salseman should not be lair but mindbender. watch Keith Barry Deception on discovery.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vivien.hugo
    It's not good as I know especially for business. Let's suppose there a salesman who is selling shoes and his shoes will break if people wear it in rainy days. Can he be honest to tell his customer about this? If he does, he can't sell it.
    That's true, but I'd not sell such shoes in first place. Lying is no option.
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    Yes, you are right. But there are liar everywhere. Whenever I asked will the color of this trousers fade when washing, the answer is 'no'. However, the truth is 'yes'.
    I've read this:
    Top Lies:
    Businessman: We sell this product at a loss!
    The boss: I never forget your contribution to the company!
    Sales: This clothes is really suitable to you!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You can no longer be cunning because MIT's engineers have developed algorithms to detect a cunning smile. Check: #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-#.
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done my B tech in Mechanical from NIT Nagpur .. with GPA well above 6 .. I have done training but no intern .. and I appeared for...
After Karnataka and Kolkata, the cities blessed with 4G services include Delhi, Mumbai, Haryana and Kerala by 2014, and should be fully operational by 2014. Read more of it in...
Hello friends, I am student writing project on android operating system. I don't know much about it can you please help with it? Thanks
Though this thread may fit into Industrial Controls and Instruments category, because of specific interest to bioprocesses it is being put up here. Real time monitoring of biotechnology processes has...
I’ve been trying to find the answer to this question for a while and don’t really seem to be getting anywhere. I can’t find any really useful information on this....