How Solar Glasses Work?

Can anyone plz explain me how solar glasses work. I was in a recent industrial training to saint gobain, got really interested into finding that ..

Replies

• asmaranite
    asmaranite
    Re: solar Glass

Solar glass is a special type of glass coated with varying coatings to control the radiant heat flow. Depending on energy requirements of a building, low emittance coatings are layered upon glass, for example, to prevent excessive heat loss or to minimize heat gain. If you're interested in finding out more about the materials used, let me know.

Dan
  • Reya
    Reya

To know how it works view this link

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • mohsin raza
    mohsin raza

Solar #-Link-Snipped-# is the combination of solar and glass technologies. Glass windows coated with a low-emittance (low-E) coating block #-Link-Snipped-# transfer. This lowers the amount of heat that passes through a window. Depending on energy needs, different types of low-E coatings allow for high, moderate, or low solar gains. Solar glass is often used to lower energy costs.
    Low-E coatings are nearly invisible, and made up of layers of metal or metallic oxide on a glass surface. The coating is transparent to #-Link-Snipped-#. In layered #-Link-Snipped-#, heat can be transferred between panes of glass, from warmer to cooler. Putting a low-E coated pane in the space between layers of glass helps block that heat. Window technologists in the past filled this gap with air or dry #-Link-Snipped-#.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Though its a very simple one,but needs your sharp attention. See if you can figure out what these seven words all have in common? 1. Banana 2. Dresser 3. Grammar...
Hello guys i am paritosh ahuja doing B.tech(ECE), now into final semester besides being and ECE'n i also have interest towards programming languages, i recently completed my JAVA course and...
Has anyone noticed new Google Music Search for Bollywood music on google.co.in It contains latest Hindi songs Repository. 😀
Hi all. I'm Dan (Chemistry background, materials engineering postgrad)from East Africa. I have already read some fantastic posts in the forums and I hope to be a part of this...
guys can anybody give matlab coding .i am doing project in call admission control in mobile communication using matlab.need coding regarding this .