How much power does RAM consume?
I was thinking about the instant booting operating systems and the first thought that popped up in my mind is that given the speed of RAM; what if we store the entire operating system and power it with the use of a battery so that it's alway in the 'on' and 'ready to use' state? That way, we'll have very quick access to all the important system processes and even the files.
Now, I'm sure that it's a very 'crazy' thought; but that's what we're here to do, right? Imagine the RAM's energy needs being taken care of by a power source permanently coupled with it. The advantages of such a system would be numerous - including instant booting, rapid applications launching, rapid memory read/writes and so on.
I wish to discuss the possibilities of such configuration and the practical challenges in implementing it.