how many motors are present in a car

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's count the number of motors present in a car -

1. The Engine Motor - Required At the start - 1
    2. Motor for the wipers (front and rear) - 2
    3. Motors for the windshield - 4

7 So far. I think, we should seek answer from #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • subaBE
    subaBE
    ok well...from where the power is kept for running this motor
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    subaBE
    ok well...from where the power is kept for running this motor
    When the engine isn't running, the battery kicks in. When the engine is running, the generators handles stuff via battery. 😨
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes the biggie is correct.
    While standing still the lights,fans,wipers,ac,etc will be operated by use of battery power.But a longer usage of battery may drain the battery.
    While the car moves(after starting,,ignition)the alternator comes to act.It supplies energy to charge the battery and at a same time it powers the lights,ac , etc.

#-Link-Snipped-# said alternator as generator.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Most modern cars have motors to operate windows. Some work on rear view mirrors as well.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ha yeah there are quite a few! starter motor, fan blower motor.... some cars have servos, would those meet the term motor as we are defining it for this exercise? What about things like a water pump, compressor or fuel pump? Many convertibles have electric motors that operate the top.(Mine has two)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    There are motors for the side mirrors and seat adjusters as well.

Some MPVs (e.g Estima) have motors to open and close the passenger sliding doors and rear hatch.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it possible to run a piece of code inputted by user?? Say in a c# program a user is asked to enter another c# code and we store that...
Learning foreign languages is often considered as a plus point in our life, especially when you're joining an international corporate where use of the native language of that country enhances...
Is there any process or idea of converting moving physical load to produce electric energy depending upon the load acting on the device that converts?😐 For example; Lot of vehicles...
Can I get IS 14223 (all parts)?
The only vehicle that I have driven is an old Humber bicycle. So completely incompetent to comment on this: https://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-old-people-park-their-car/