How many engineering colleges are there in India?

CEans,

Starting January 2010, we will be contacting all the engineering colleges in India to spread the word about CrazyEngineers. I couldn't find some concrete information about the number of engineering colleges in India. Can we all work out on estimating the number?

For example, currently I have the list of [along with the addresses] of about 200 engineering colleges in Maharashtra region.

Someone commented that there are over 400 engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh.

How can we compile a complete list of colleges?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I checked in google and found this link..

Is this what you are looking at??

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    Here is the list of Engineering Collages in gujarat..

www.jacpcldce.ac.in
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    Hi,
    HERE IS THE LIST OF ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN KARNATAKA WITH ADDRESS
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    I know this is not accurate and particular but it will give basic idea πŸ˜’

Education in India

OR

start new thread or something like that where members can post the current address of colleges they know from there states
    OR
    start new thread like
    if any member knows the correct address of some engineering college , please do let us know by sending a mail to some address like this
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I think this can be of help:

#-Link-Snipped-#

it gives you the entire list of colleges in Tamil Nadu sorted out district wiseπŸ˜€

this is for tamil nadu

and yeah you can try
    Anna University, Chennai too (as cooltwins told)for advertising, as most of us keep a regular check on the website
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    biggie i was who commented in the attracting engineering colleges section
    there is a list of engineering college in Uttar pradesh.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • safwan
    safwan
    Biggie and CEans do you have heard about KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology ). #-Link-Snipped-#

we can advertise our CE in foreign also (not just India)πŸ˜›
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    safwan
    Biggie and CEans do you have heard about KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology ). #-Link-Snipped-#

we can advertise our CE in foreign also (not just India)πŸ˜›

hi..safwan first according to biggie we have to advertise in India and after then to other countries............
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Can we start a sub section in which we can get review on the colleges its infrastructure, Education,staff that all will be shared by the students of that colleges and i think this will be helpful to other students that which college is better for an education.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    @ Biggi - may be in place of targeting engineering colleges, in the first phase WE CAN TARGET MAJOR UNIVERSITIES and IIT, NIT's.

All the colleges would be linked to universities and they will surely be accessing the University websites or Notice boards (This idea is as reach the fewer universities would be easier then reaching a lots of colleges, we may implement colleges idea in phases).

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have began the process of contacting all the engineering colleges in India to spread the word about CrazyEngineers.

😁

To contribute in the initiative, please share the links or information about the list containing the names and postal addresses of maximum engineering colleges in your state.

Awaiting your response.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I already posted, the first batch of our posters has been dispatched. We expect it to be displayed on college notice boards in this week or the next.

We look forward to your support.
  • patsham
    patsham
    Here is the link for engineering colleges in maharashtra:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sarika321
    sarika321
    There are many engineering colleges in India. Apart from IITs, NITs, IIITs, most of good engineering institutes are in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Karnataka and many other states.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are very happy to be a part of this community...and I'm a bit miffed that it took me so long to find this site. We look forward to joining...
Okay, maybe "sexy" is a stretch (though the popular Science Cheerleader blog does have a page devoted to sexy scientists and engineers...here.) The National Academy of Engineering recently put out...
Could you please give the IC configuration & some important details of that IC?
People out there.. am in need of metallurgy department final year papers, submitted project or placement papers..can anyone help me with this??? Thanks in advance.
Speech given by Chetan Bhagat in Symbiosis ...must read..Good one.... "Life is one of those races in nursery school where you have to run with a marble in a spoon...