How does unsaturated hydrocarbon affect efficiency of fuel?

how does presence of unaturated hydrcarbon effect d efficiency of a fuel?? wats d benefit of doing gas chromatography n FTIR test on a fuel??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    unsaturated hydrocarbons or long chain hydrocarbons have lower temperature of combustion thereby they produce KNOCKING in the engine which can affect the fuel efficiency and performance of the engine

They also have lower octane value that is not advisable for the price at which we get fuel in India today

The next question is beyond my scope

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey check this out I am not able to upload an image using file upload option I get an error mesage always stating I am not able to upload image
hello every one i am final year student. which one will be best should be go for CDAC or take Elitmus ph-test?
hey friends, do u all remember me i am narayana your old friend now i am going to introduce a new thread which will make us to learn some real...
people, i had this question in my head since years but never attempted to seek an answer until recently i saw a similar question in a MIT website.. Any thoughts?...
Steam stop valve is eased of its seat during boiler start up from cold A. To allow thermal expansion of parts B. To allow steam flow during start up C....