How do I prepare myself for interview?

How am i supposed to equip myself for an interview which i am about to face in two more years.? How to show my resume cornered?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    priyanka prakash
    How am i supposed to equip myself for an interview which i am about to face in two more years.? How to show my resume cornered?
    Some information about your background would help us offer a better advice. What exactly is the dilemma that you're going through and what makes you think that interviews are going to be difficult?
  • priyanka prakash
    priyanka prakash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Some information about your background would help us offer a better advice. What exactly is the dilemma that you're going through and what makes you think that interviews are going to be difficult?
    Hi,
    I am an tech student who is pursuing Information technology degree at Agni coll of technology.i have completed two sem with CGPA 8.58.And people say that there is very tough war is going outside.i have either not presented any papers or attended any conference but i am interested.. So my resume till now is blank.i am afraid that i will not get into good company.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's too early for you to even worry. Your focus must be on gaining as much knowledge as you can about engineering subjects that are a part of your curriculum. That said, you can do the following so that you prepare a solid profile by the time you're through your engineering degree and ready for the industry.

1. Develop an interest in any programming language of your choice. If you've no specific choice; take up Ruby programming language. You may even start with more traditional languages like C++ (which would be a part of your curriculum anyway) and start exploring it beyond what's in the books.

2. Also start learning JavaScript - the programming language that holds the key to most of the future apps. Your aim would be to learn about JavaScript frameworks and libraries. Angular JS would be my top pick for the time being.

3. Your objective should be to make yourself familiar with programming; beyond your academics. You need not join any course to do that; because self-study is what will make you awesome.

4. Start building small projects on your own, in your part time. Take the help of our fellow CEans if you get stuck. Ask your doubts and get them solved. Your aim would be to build a portfolio of projects that you can show to your potential recruiters. Aim to build about 5-6 projects that you'd be proud of using the new languages that you learned. Make something interesting; not another airline reservation system.

5. By the time you enter your final year; start preparing for aptitude tests and logical tests. There are plenty of books available that will help you do that.

6. Become a regular participant of forums and topic oriented communities like CrazyEngineers. Shorten your time on Facebook / WhatsApp and start investing time into stuff that makes you better.

If you do the above - you'll be way ahead of the competition by the time you graduate. I have no doubt that recruiters would LOVE to hire a candidate that's done all of the above.

All the best!
  • priyanka prakash
    priyanka prakash
    This sounds so great...Thank you very much for your valueable thoughts for me..i will surely do these to my maxmimum extent.. Suggest me some books on programming languages..Do i need some certified courses?? Like redhat like that sir?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    priyanka prakash
    This sounds so great...Thank you very much for your valueable thoughts for me..i will surely do these to my maxmimum extent.. Suggest me some books on programming languages..Do i need some certified courses?? Like redhat like that sir?
    Those questions have been discussed plenty of times. Browse this section and you'll get the answers you are looking for.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You have completed 2 semesters (1st year) only. You got whole bachelors education ahead of you. You also good in securing grades. I don't think getting job is any tough for you.
    It would better to find your interest first, you can peruse your career. Start working on it.
    Possible that it will take some time what you really want in your career. May be if you can find specific area right now. When you reach in your 3rd year you will definitely get the clear picture.
    Till then, forget about you are getting education for job.
    Why not thinking to work independently. Looks for the problem you are facing and start exploring for solution, give them freely and let people know about your work.
    Even if your plan will not be successful. You might have done enough work to decorate your resume.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As he delivered the inaugural speech at the 103th Indian Science Congress at the University of Mysore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi maintained a fine balance between the need of innovation...
If spidey ever intended to have an aide this would be it. Not even walls can stop Disney’s and ETH Zurich’s new four-wheeled robot called VertiGo that can quickly transition...
In recent astrophysical and nuclear physics research, 'gravity' has played a major role in opening up a wide range of exciting new possibilities. Scientists have long faced difficulties to measure...
I HEARD THAT THE UPSC BOARD WILL CHANGE THE IES 2016 MECHANICAL PATTERN? PLEASE IF YOU KNOW REPLyY ME.. AND I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION IF I GET GOOD SCORE IN...
i am on my final's project on THE USE OF GREEN MATERIAL FOR CONSTRUCTION. i would really love some eBooks,links and suggestions.