How do I get the value of sin from this equation?

I have the answer but I don't see how Sin becomes like that.

Someone,please show me why is sin(u)= z/√(x²+z²)?I think there are some working in between this:
z = x tan(u)
tan(u) = z/x
sin(u) = z/√(x²+z²)

Replies

• Bionic
    Bionic
    Aruwin
    I have the answer but I don't see how Sin becomes like that.

Someone,please show me why is sin(u)= z/√(x²+z²)?I think there are some working in between this:
    z = x tan(u)
    tan(u) = z/x
    sin(u) = z/√(x²+z²)
    For you to understand this you should understand trigonomentry ratio well too.
    Lets start like this, since tan(u)=z/x
    then you draw a right-angle triangle. Choose any of the angles other than the angle 90" mark the chosen angle as 'u' then mark the opposite side of the chosen angle 'z' and adjacent you mark it 'x'
    then from pythagoras we have that the square of the hypotanus is equal to x²+z² therefore ,
    the hypothenus is √(x²+z²).
    So now we have,
    Opp=z
    Adj=x
    hyp=√(x²+z²)

hope you understand up to this length? If yes lets go on..

Sin(u)=opp/hyp

therefore, sin(u)=z/√(x²+z²)

hope this shows u how to get the value of sin(u) if tan(u)=z/x

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys... Which gear is noisy? Spur or Bevel? Reason?
Hey Ceans, After some research online I have finalised my final year project and started reading stuffs online...I will be very thankfull to everyone here who will help me by...
In the context of mechanical and automobile engineering, can someone explain in detail the difference between Spindle, Shaft and Axle?
What is the use of Propeller Shaft in each and every vehicle and also plz tell me what is the difference between Front Wheel , Rear Wheel and Four Wheel...
The Third IdeasEmotion Based Music Player: A music player that presents you a playlist based on yourmood.So when you come back home from office having messed up an assignment your...