CrazyEngineers
  • I have been reading about Big Data technologies off late and gathered that Big data is the need of the hour because of the growing size of data and RDBMS's restriction to store only structured data and not the unstructured data coming from Facebook, RFID readers etc.

Can anybody please throw some light as to how this unstructured data is stored? We know structured data is stored in the form of tables. What about this unstructured data?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 1, 2013

Parameterised data storing can be easily done this process can club related data associated to a few keywords and thus they get pushed into tables for easier access

Well Keywords in the sight of the compiler is always not the case with the human

So this method is one way I can imagine But not sure about it's working
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Neeraj Sharma

MemberAug 2, 2013

Does it mean we are still going to store parameters (as you said) in tables for unstructured data??
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 2, 2013

Nick_Sharma
    Does it mean we are still going to store parameters (as you said) in tables for unstructured data??
    I am not so well versed in these topics Hope #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# can clarify here
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberAug 2, 2013

I am also new to this terminology.
    What I learned is processing Big Data is like mining Gold, you know that somewhere is 100gm of gold in tons of garbage.
    So you need to bring garbage in your backyard and assign a robot to start separating similar material in separate compartment.

Storing Big data is also like same fashion, store as binary/blob and process it by automated and self learning system like Hadoop (open source and buzz word for data processing now a days).
    Correct me if I am going in wrong direction☕

Here I found, could be good read: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Neeraj Sharma

MemberAug 2, 2013

ianoop
    I am also new to this terminology.
    What I learned is processing Big Data is like mining Gold, you know that somewhere is 100gm of gold in tons of garbage.
    So you need to bring garbage in your backyard and assign a robot to start separating similar material in separate compartment.

Storing Big data is also like same fashion, store as binary/blob and process it by automated and self learning system like Hadoop (open source and buzz word for data processing now a days).
    Correct me if I am going in wrong direction☕

Here I found, could be good read: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks a lot. That awesome example did help me clear some confusions 👍
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register