How can make a electronic based door lock

How can we make this door lock so that you can operate it by a text message or phone call(signal)...Need Suggeestions please

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    There are various interface design/boards available which will generate a TTL logic high on receiving a text message, phone call or any other sensor. Use this input on one pin of microcontroller (uC). Based on this momentary signal, uC will make another pin high(and keeps it high - this is important!!). This pin can be connected to a transistor to trigger a solenoid. The solenoid pulls the latch opening the door!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Use DTMF that is the commonly used tool for this remote control thing and it is easy to implement as well
  • Hamza Immurana
    Hamza Immurana
    Anand Tamariya,Thanks for the contribution i will be glad if you can elaborate on the uC
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    we have door lock technology in various concepts. but coming to the device, you can notice across the ATMs we have a magnetic device where it can get magnetized using 12v supply and logic can be done using microcontroller so it will be un magnetized and magnetized acording to ur inputs like GSM operated, DTMF ,zigbee,RFID ,smartcard etc. so mainly you need to go for selection of Door Sensor.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Hamza Immurana
    Anand Tamariya,Thanks for the contribution i will be glad if you can elaborate on the uC
    If you haven't worked on uC(micro-controller) before, that in itself is a big project.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    idnt get you anand..
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    arunchary
    idnt get you anand..
    You should pick up controlling LEDs using a micro-controller as your project.
  • Syed Mohammed Ali
    Syed Mohammed Ali
    Hamza Immurana
    How can we make this door lock so that you can operate it by a text message or phone call(signal)...Need Suggeestions please
    Use of microcontroller is a good option better u choose arm7 or max232

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Hamza Immurana, a Ghanaian student studying Telecom Engineering..like reading and solving problems
HI everyone. Nice to meet you all. 😉
Finally, the Aakash 3 specs and features have been revealed. Our love affair with the tablet dates back since the launch of the first Aakash tablet. Since then the tablet...
why do we learn c,c++,java and other languages?actually where do we use them?
I'm currently working on load balancing project. I need access to the file on another computer connected to mine over LAN so that I could balance the disk space of...