How can I rise my credit score?

[FONT="]My husband and I were trying to purchase a home but we need to raise our credit score and I heard about this credit enhancement program that will raise your score to 720 but it costs 750 dollars, any suggestions you have?[/FONT]

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    That sounds like a scam. You cannot "buy" a good score (not in that sense). Routinely purchasing with credit cards and not carrying roll over balance, removing all debt, apply-qualify & pay off early small loans/forms of credit. Check your credit report for errors or old debt items that can be removed. Increase your household income.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm, do students in the US who have heavy debts due to study loans immediately have bad credit scores?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, a high level of debt combined with a low to no income (the situation of many students and recent graduates) greatly effects your credit.
  • Harrypotter
    Harrypotter
    Most credit repair companies or law firms only take one of the multiple steps that are necessary to produce the results, that strategy has a much smaller success rate than the comprehensive, multi-faceted approach which can solve the problem of #-Link-Snipped-#. The company you choose must have the years of experience of working with the institutions that write the lending guidelines and make the credit decisions. To restore the credit rating, you need to education and counseling program with all of the knowledge and tools necessary to improve your credit rating.
  • digitalchef
    digitalchef
    gohm
    Yes, a high level of debt combined with a low to no income (the situation of many students and recent graduates) greatly effects your credit.
    Income does not matter on credit score. Credit score is primarily based on paying on time and balance / credit available ratio. They key is to maintain a healthy number of open revolving accounts, make your loan payments ontime, and keep your average balances low. Over time as loans get paid / paid off this will build your credit.

I built my credit from 500 (after college w/ defaults) to 790 in 8 years.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to do something big.I'm ready to work hard learn new stuff and for the record I have already done before.SO I need a idea with MS in mind.I...
can u tell me something about Conference in final yr?? Is it Paper presentation????????
Awesome! It's been 40 years since Appolo was launched. It all started from in 1960 when NASA visualised sendign humans on moon. The mission started of with a monkey and...
Hello Guys, Im new to Tomcat and am trying setup Jmeter working..guess Im missing something here. I have downloaded the binaries and have a default install I trying to run...
Hai, Find GATE question papers and practice tests at . Its a free resource. Register to get access to the information.