CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@viky1147 • 09 Feb, 2012
How accelerator works in BIKE and CARS. I want brief explanation with sketch images 😀
@Gurjap • 09 Feb, 2012 It's like this: the more fuel you spray into the engine, the more power it will develop. Meaning, of course, that it will go faster. So when you press/twist the accelerator, it causes the fuel supply to the engine to increase, causing....well, acceleration. Note that his is a very brief explanation, so I've left some things out.
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 09 Feb, 2012 • 2 likes For most cars, the accelerator pedal is connected to a throttle body which opens up depending on how much the pedal is pushed. The throttle allows air to enter the combustion chamber where a series of controlled explosions drive the pistons transferring power to the transmission and then to axles (overly simplified). Some cars have a throttle position sensor that will control fuel input based on the position of the throttle. Some have a mass air sensor that measures the amount of air entering and adjusts fuel to a preset ratio. Some newer cars do not connect the accelerator to the throttle directly (drive by wire). The ECU determines the throttle position based on the pedal position.

Check this out too:
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/electric-car2.htm
@Dancer_Engineer • 12 Feb, 2012
Praveen-Kumar
For most cars, the accelerator pedal is connected to a throttle body which opens up depending on how much the pedal is pushed. The throttle allows air to enter the combustion chamber where a series of controlled explosions drive the pistons transferring power to the transmission and then to axles (overly simplified). Some cars have a throttle position sensor that will control fuel input based on the position of the throttle. Some have a mass air sensor that measures the amount of air entering and adjusts fuel to a preset ratio. Some newer cars do not connect the accelerator to the throttle directly (drive by wire). The ECU determines the throttle position based on the pedal position.

Check this out too:
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/electric-car2.htm
Looks like you forgot to mention the source. 😀
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 12 Feb, 2012
Dancer_Engineer
Looks like you forgot to mention the source. 😀
Can Y! A can be taken as a source?
@Dancer_Engineer • 12 Feb, 2012
Praveen-Kumar
Can Y! A can be taken as a source?
If you are copying pasting then you must mention the source / link.
@PraveenKumar Purushothaman • 12 Feb, 2012 • 1 like Okay...
[​IMG]
@Durgesh Srivastava • 26 Jan, 2020

The accelerator is also known as gas pedal. It is the pedal located on the floor on the far-right. This pedal controls the amount of gas being fed into the engine and thereby controls the speed of the vehicle. You push the accelerator with your right foot with your heel resting on the ground. Do not be jerky with the accelerator. Rather, push it gradually while your car speeds up.

11.5k views

Related Posts

@Tahir Masood · Aug 31, 2012

i need list of final year project proposal for software engineering students, thanks
4.4k views

@ganesh p · Sep 19, 2012

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CURRENT AND ELECTRICITY?
15.5k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jul 3, 2013

Nokia has launched an all new phone in for its Asha series of smartphones in India with Nokia Asha 301. With 3.5G internet speed at your disposal, this Asha phone...
4.1k views

@arunsn04 · Aug 12, 2011

i m doing my final year electrical engg..i have not done any certified courses .can anybody suggest me some courses which will be useful for getting placed in a core...
4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 25, 2016

Entrepreneurship and startups are the new buzzwords among engineering and MBA students all over India. Everyone wanna startup! I guess that's the reason almost every college event these days has...
4k views