Hovercraft to participate in competition

I want to make a hovercraft, to participate in a competition.
it's size would be around 1mX1mX.5m
can anybody help me?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    HimanshuM
    can anybody help me?
    I'm sure there are a number of robotics and auto-experts who can help you. But offering any help based on the information you've provided so far isn't possible. All you've given us is the dimensions and that don't make any sense. Have you tried to imagine the design, features of your hovercraft? What kind of features will your hovercraft need to participate in the competition.

We don't know what kind of competition is it to offer any meaningful responses here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    HimanshuM
    can anybody help me?
    There are a lot of good mech engineers here who would be glad to help you. Please elaborate your query.
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    yea..yea.. give us the food for thought 😉
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    HimanshuM
    can anybody help me?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    boss are you going for some competition in IIT??
    if yes then they will specify you whether to use IC engine or motors only..
    me and my friends had done hovercraft 40cm *40cm*40cm (IIT madras Shaastra 2007 Fire N Ice).

we used 1 3CC IC engine from some hobby shop guy and we bought 12VDC motor 18000 RPM (3.5A maybe). the IC engine had a RPM of 30k so we used it to propel and the dc motor we mounted to airlift the hovercraft..

1. always reduce weight on the hovercraft. don't overload thinking that the hovercraft has to just clear 5cm or 10cm off ground for frictionless movement. NEVER OVERLOAD.
    2. reduce drag on the skirt. skirt is the bottom portion of the craft which will be filled with air (from the dc motor in my case) so that it bloats and floats in air providing frictionless movement. we used ribbon cloth hemstitched together (pretty lame it think) or you can use cycle Tyre tubes.
    3. taper the front part to reduce air drag while moving.
    4. if you are using IC engine then, mount it 5 deg to right. as the hobby shop engines have a tendency to move left always. so a 5 degree alignment towards right will do
    5. according to me there is no necessity for such a huge hvercraft for competiton. they would have specified max dimensions.. we need noe use that itself. it can be less also

btw..?? how are you controlling it??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey what is the dimension and what is the power limit you need and the load you are planning to put on your hover craft

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello frieds as we know that most of the IT companies in india provide consultancy services like wipro,tcs,accenture infosys etc so can any one explain me what is consultancy services
Here's wishing all you Apple fans a happy iPhone 5 launch 😛 PS: For those of you who don't know who the bearded gentleman is... You don't need to be...
when the voltage of collector base increases then the base width decreases.....then what will happen if the band width increases or decreases ?
Hello everybody, My name is Idir, a second-year student at the institute of electrical and electonic enginerring - Boumerdes University . During the last summer i have done a pre-internship...
Triple spark ignition is used in pulsar 200NS.why triple spark is used.any advantages with this?